CGB's Goal Is to Enhance the Local Economy and Community by Working Every Day to Improve the Plant and Its Process to Be Part of the Solution to the Country's Energy Needs
Central to the Event, Endress+Hauser Showcased the new 80,000 Square Feet, $16 Million Customer Center
Learn to Use Data to Evaluate the Potential Positive Impacts of Controlling Chilled Water Coil Differential Temperature (ΔT) on Overall Chilled Water Plant Efficiency
- From Field Corn to Ethanol to Fueling a Pump Near You
- Fieldbus Foundation and HART Communication Foundation Merger Approved
- STEM Efforts in Community Colleges Pay Off
- How to Get the Most Out of Your PID by Better Tuning
- Endress+Hauser and Rockwell Automation Host Process Solutions Summit
- Latest Registered FOUNDATION Fieldbus Products
- Yokogawa Enhances Device Diagnostics with Plant Resource Manager
- Softing Offers Replacement for Discontinued Yamaha FIND1+ Chip
- Beginner's Guide to Differential Pressure Level Transmitters
- Automation Companies Prepare Younger Generations to Replace Retiring Employees
- Prevent Tank Farm Overfill Hazards
- Controllers: Direct vs. Reverse-Acting Control
- Guided Wave Radar vs. Differential Pressure Transmitters for Liquid Level Measurement
- PID loop tuning tips pocket guide
- Field Instrumentation Technical Handbook
- Control Valve Handbook, 4th Edition
- Beckhoff Automation's DIN Rail-Mounted CX9020 Embedded PC
- Honeywell's MasterLogic PLC
- National Instruments' cRIO-9068 Software-Designed Controller
The question for the day is where to locate measurements. My first choice would be a Caribbean island but if the plant is not there, the sensing or sample lines and the associated transportation delays would be quite long. The additional loop dead time would cause all sorts of performance problems that might take years to troubleshoot. I might even have to move to the island. Hmm, sounds good for my golden years.read more
The DRAFT agenda for the 14th ICS Cyber Security Conference the week of October 20th at Georgia Tech in Atlanta is now available at www.icscybersecurityconference.com. The Conference and topics are very timely given the pervasive misinformation that continues to appear.read more
It has been a busy summer. For the last couple of months I have had the pleasure of pretending to be a venture capitalist. Earlier this year I joined a local organization called the IT Entrepreneurs Network (ITEN) as a mentor. This is a local organization that exists to help startups in the local area move from the concept stage to securing funding for their business. I am in St. Louis, not silicon valley of the MIT corridor or the Pacific Northwest, and access to resources such as venture capitalists, advisors, and programming skills is not as easy as it is in those locations, hence the need for a networking forum for would-be innovators. One of the mentor roles is serving on a panel of mock angel investors. We meet with and critique the pitches from startups as they present their business plans to us as though we were potential investors. This has given me some new insight into the innovative process.read more
One of the challenges facing wireless devices is providing them with reliable power other than a battery, which though continually improving requires replacement when the cell dies. Rechargeable batteries are the obvious solution, however the challenge then changes to finding a reliable and safe way to recharge them without adding a wire, or complex system to manage the recharge process which will reduce the efficiency to a level making it cumbersome, expensive and low reliability.read more
Have a pressing question? Save yourself the hefty consulting fees by getting the answers to your questions here.
Recent Job Postings
Valuable Career Resources
Put your anonymous Career Profile up today and employers will begin pitching you job opportunities.
Your personal Job Alerts notify you by email of new jobs posted that match your search preferences.
Browse our content library, enlist the help of a trained career coach or simply ask an expert for career advice.