Are They Really Dense or What?
Some will call this evidence of circling the wagons in anticipation of the inevitable death of horizontal automation shows. Others will counter that this degree of event-density is exactly whats needed to re-invigorate declining tradeshow attendance in these sectors.
Whatever the case might be, the new owner of the National Manufacturing Week event, Canon Communications, has bundled the four main shows of NMW 2007Industrial Automation, Design Engineering, Enterprise IT, and Plant Engineering & Maintenancetogether in the same venue, on the same dates, with four of its other events: Quality Expo, Assembly Technology Expo, Electronics Assembly Show, and Plastec Midwest.
The Stevens Convention Center in Rosemont, Ill., Sept 24-27, is where it will all come together. The conference programs will be held:
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sept 24-26, and
- 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Sept 27
The exhibit hall floor will be open:
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sept 25-26, and
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sept 27
Only limited info was available from the organizers as we went to press, but we do know the expo hall will feature:
- CAD/CAM and Enterprise Technology Software, where vendors will demonstrate the latest products in CAD/CAM/CIM, design analysis software, CAE and 3-D modeling, rapid prototyping technologies, enterprise resource planning, advanced planning scheduling, corrective and preventive action, lean manufacturing, six-sigma, simulation and decision support, warehouse management, enterprise asset management, and e-commerce solutions.
- Plant Engineering and Maintenance is the event for plant engineering professionals, operations teams, and executives. Exhibitors will showcase new ideas and products for HVAC; material and fluid handling; software and computers; safety and security; emission reduction; cleaning; maintenance methods, technologies, and equipment; management and training; and much more.
- Contract Manufacturing and Outsourcing Services brings contract manufacturers and outsourcing partners for every facet of product developmentfrom design through manufacturing and distribution.
- Industrial Automation is the home for machinery, equipment, and services to improve manufacturing efficiency and productivity. Exhibitors will present the latest precision technology, custom automation and assembly systems, electronics and electrical components, motors, drives, fluid power, motion control systems, vision inspection, and engineered materials.
Youll find more information about NMW as it becomes available at www.devicelink.com/expo/nmw07/general.html.
Sessions to consider
The conference program reveals a few sessions that an attending machine controls professionals might find useful:
Monday, September 24, 2007. 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Career Enhancement for Engineers
- Lean ProductionLess is More
Tuesday, September 25, 2007. 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Offshore Outsourcing
Tuesday, September 25, 2007. 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Asset Management
- Safety in Manufacturing
Tuesday, September 25, 2007. 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Manufacturing in Asia
Wednesday, September 26, 2007. 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Protecting Intellectual Property
- Embedded Control