Read Greg McMillan and Stan Weiner's article Deal or No Deal
- Improve Process Loops, Chemical Processing, October, 2007,
- Model-Predictive Control Can Solve Valve Problem, Control, November, 2005
- What is Your Control Valve Telling You, Control Design, May 2004.
- Has Your Valve Responded Lately, Control, June, 2003.
- Improve Control Valve Response, Chemical Engineering Progress, June 1995
Gregs Chapters on Valve Dynamics
- Chapter 3, Measurements and Valves, Good Tuning: A Pocket Guide, 2nd ed., ISA, 2005
- Chapter 6, Control Valves A Moving Story, Advanced pH Measurement and Control, 3rd ed., ISA, 2004
- Chapter 2, Setting the Foundation, Advanced Control Unleashed, ISA, 2003
- Chapter 4, Valve PositionThe Missing Link, How to Become an Instrument Engineer - Part 1.523, ISA, 1995
- Chapter 7, The Effect of Valve Dynamics, Tuning and Control Loop Performance, 3rd ed., ISA, 1994
Gregs Symposium Papers on Valve Dynamics
- Problems and Solutions for Control Valve Dynamics, Texas A&M Instrumentation Symposium, January, 1995.
- A Performance Comparison Between a Smith Predictor and a PID Control for Control Valve Hysteresis and Process Non-Self-Regulation, ACC, San Francisco, June, 1983.
- Gregs www.modelingandcontrol.com Entries on Valve Dynamics
- Getting Rid of Dead TimeBeam Me Up Scotty, Control Techniques Category.
- Deadly Deadband, Plant Design Category.
- Missing in Action, Tuning and Control Performance Category.
- Location, Location, Location, Part 2, Plant Design Category.
- Dead Times Secret Identity, Part 2, Tuning and Control System Performance Category.
- Biggest Opportunities for Process Control Improvement, Basic Control, Tuning and Control System Performance Category.
- Biggest Opportunities for Process Control ImprovementPosition Readback, Tuning and Control System Performance Category.
- Control Talk discussions of valve dynamics, Tuning rule bonanza and Control Valve Simulation