11. About which type(s) of pricing pressure are you most concerned? (You may select more than one.)
|Raw materials (e.g., food, metals)||62||70.45%|
|Employee benefits (e.g., health care, pensions)||49||55.68%|
12. Are you having difficulties accessing credit in general?
13. Compared to this time last year are you more or less worried about your organization.
|About the same||33||37.50%|
14. The FASB and IASB will be shortly releasing an exposure draft regarding revenue recognition. The objective is to clarify the principles for recognizing revenue and to create a joint revenue recognition standard for US GAAP and IFRSs that companies can apply consistently across various industries and transactions. Are you aware of this project?
15. Do you believe financial statements are too complex to be useable by the average investor?
16. Does your company currently provide nonfinancial measures (Key Performance Indicators) about your organization in its financial statements?
17. Who do you view as the primary users of your financial statements?
|Current owners of equity interests||6||7.23%|
|Research (sell side) analysts||5||6.02%|
|Potential owners of equity interests||1||1.20%|
18. Does your firm prepare financial statements according to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)?
19. Do you support a move to IFRS?
|No, would like to continue using GAAP||39||46.99%|
20. Ideally, who should set U.S. accounting standards for companies that file with the SEC?
|A national independent board supervised by a national regulator (e.g. the Financial Accounting Standards Board)||44||56.41%|
|An international independent board supervised by international entities such as the International Organization of Securities Regulators (e.g. the International Accounting Standards Board)||22||28.21%|
|A national regulator (e.g the Securities and Exchange Commission)||9||11.54%|
|The global accounting profession (e.g. the International Federation of Accountants)||2||2.56%|
|A body designated by an international entity such as the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, the United Nations Council on Trade and Development or the World Trade Organization||1||1.28%|