Roberto Menna Barreto wrote the article "EMC – Grounding on Automation and Control Systems Applications to Eliminate Electromagnetic Interference in Industrial Plants." This articel is featured in the Guide 2013 that appears in Interference Technology magazine.
This article talks about how Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) characterizes the preservation of signals and equipment - its own grounding system. In order to reduce the risks and costs associated with failure equipment, proper EMC improvement must be done in the installation of automation and control systems.
Visit Interference Technology magazine online to read this article in full and understand:
- The role of the grounding system and its objectives
- The grounding system and its relationship with the power system
- The grounding system and its relationship with the protection against lightning
- The grounding system and its relationship with the transmission of signals
- The grounding system and its relationship with engineering procedures
- Design and installation: Interference control plan
- Maintenance: EMC Procedures