Live from 2015 Schneider Electric Global Automation Conference

The Editors of Control are on site at the 2015 Schneider Electric Global Automation Conference to bring you the breaking news and best sessions from this world class event.

1 of 2 < 1 | 2 View on one page

Schneider Automation Header

More than 500 attendees at the 2015 Schneider Electric Global Automation Conference in Dallas got to be the first to hear a number of important announcements, including the company’s acquisition of LimeWare, the introduction of the Tricon CX safety system and new project execution methodology called FLEX. Keeping with the conference’s theme, "Powering Big Ideas Together," speakers charted a course for Schneider Electric and called on control engineers to rise to the challenge of applying their talents to creating value not just in their industries but in solving the world's biggest problems.

Headlines from April 28, 2015

SchDay1 GaryFreeburger thumb

Schneider Electric to drive value in era of 'Big Ideas'

Global technology developments represented by the Internet of Things, Big Data and Industry 4.0 have opened new opportunities for vendors and customers alike to look at the industrial landscape through a different lens and to drive more value in the face of unprecedented challenges.

SchDay1 LeSueur thumb

LimeWare acquisition to ease Foxboro system tasks

"LimeWare doesn't have a user base, it has a fan base," Grant LeSeuer said of the many Foxboro customers who find foxray an essential everyday tool. But only 5% of current Foxboro system customers use foxray as well. "By acquiring them, we can bring the value LimeWare has created to the other 95% of Foxboro system users."

SchDay1 MartinB thumbHow control engineers can change the world

"All of the biggest problems in the world today are problems of control," Peter Martin, VP Business Value Consultant, Schneider Electric, told the audience today at Schneider Electric's 2015 Global Automation Conference. "And when we can properly define the problem, then we can begin to design the solution. Security is a real-time-control problem; safety is a real-time-control problem; environmental risk is a real-time-control problem."

SchDay1 SteveElliott thumbSchneider Electric debuts Tricon CX

"This year, we're celebrating 1 billion hours running Tricon systems without a single failure on demand," said Schneider Electric's Steve Elliott. "With Tricon CX, we've turned up the performance, advanced the capabilities and increased the value. We've reduced the response time, increased the run time, and allow modifications without halting the process."

SchDay1 ChrisLyden thumbFLEX methodology to keep automation off critical project path

Schneider Electric has set to change the path to how they complete automation projects by combining several of its key technology advances into a new project methodology called FLEX, for Flexible, Lean EXecution. "FLEX is how we execute major projects," explained Chris Lyden.

Headlines from April 29, 2015

SchDay2 GrantLeSueur thumbSituational awareness smoothes operations

The key to a better life for operators is situational awareness, Grant Le Sueur, senior director, process and safety software, Schneider Electric, told attendees of the Downstream Oil & Gas session at the company's 2015 Global Automation Conference in Dallas.

1 of 2 < 1 | 2 View on one page
Show Comments
Hide Comments

Join the discussion

We welcome your thoughtful comments.
All comments will display your user name.

Want to participate in the discussion?

Register for free

Log in for complete access.

Comments

No one has commented on this page yet.

RSS feed for comments on this page | RSS feed for all comments