Siemens User Group Has Over 860 Attendees
"A core value of the Summit is the facilitation of collaboration and best practice sharing. Over the last few days, we have witnessed tremendous cross-pollination among attendees and received excellent feedback from our user community," said Raj Batra, vice president, Automation and Motion Division, Siemens Energy & Automation. "I am extremely pleased with this year's event. Through an open dialogue with our customers, partners and employees, we will continue to enhance the Summit experience and the opportunities it provides."
More than 860 attendees made this Summit the largest in Siemens history. This year's conference hosted over 150 breakout sessions. These sessions were comprised of presentations by customers, industry analysts, partners and Siemens technology experts on the latest trends and technologies, customer success stories and best practice sharing. Additionally, the conference included keynote addresses by:
- Raj Batra, Vice President, Automation and Motion Division, Siemens Energy & Automation, Inc.
- John Caupert, Director of the National Corn-to-Ethanol Research Center
- Dennis Chamberland, NASA
- Chris Colyer, Global Industry Director for Manufacturing Operations Strategy, Microsoft
- Chris DaCosta, Chairman, Siemens Automation Summit User Advisory Board and Controls Platform Manager, Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
- Dennis Sadlowski, President and CEO, Siemens Energy & Automation, Inc. (effective July 1, 2007)
- Dr. Spohr, Director A&D Strategies and Technology, Siemens AG
Throughout the conference, attendees had the opportunity to visit the Solutions Showcase, a 27,000 square foot hall featuring 30 Solutions Partner exhibits as well as products from Siemens Energy & Automation and the newly acquired UGS PLM Software.
The Siemens Automation Summit is a comprehensive conference for anyone who works with Siemens integrated solutions for process and factory automation. It is designed to bring together Siemens with end users, prospects and partners enabling conference attendees to develop optimum strategies for successful lifecycle management of their systems.
|Attendees participated in more than 150 breakout sessions and hands-on training courses at the 2007 Siemens Automation Summit.||Incoming President and CEO Dennis Sadlowski 's keynote address focused on the importance of customer success.|
|Attendees visited the 27,000 square foot Solutions Showcase featuring 30 Solution Partner exhibits and Siemens Energy & Automation products.||Attendees participated in more than 150 breakout sessions and hands-on training courses at the 2007 Siemens Automation Summit.|