Home » Hydraulic Institute launches viscosity correction standard
Hydraulic Institute launches viscosity correction standard
“By eliminating the need for interpolating graphic solutions, this standard has major technical significance and practical applications,” says Gregg Romanyshyn, HI’s technical director. “This landmark standard will provide valuable guidance to pump manufacturers, users, and others who have an interest in the performance of rotodynamic pumps.”
HI members developed the new standard along with representatives from France, Germany, Italy, Japan, and Switzerland. It also includes contributions from industry experts and veterans.
The standard covers conventional rotodynamic pumps, including open or closed impellers and single or double suction pumps. It further contains information on methodology, definitions of symbols and terms, flowcharts that outline the procedure, theoretical explanations behind the methodology, and a method for estimating net positive suction head required (NPSHR).
- 05/17/2013 Friday p.m. Wrap-Up:This Week on ControlGlobal and Elsewhere
- 05/16/2013 What's Bad Weather Costing Us?
- 05/16/2013 BP, Shell, Statoil Raided by EC
Invensys' SimSci Suite 2013 Now with More Usability Features
Invensys releases SimSci Suite 2013, a DVD catalogue providing a single source for all of Invensys' current SimSci-Esscor design, operator training, simulation and optimization software
Honeywell Integrates and Certifies FMC722 Subsea Automation Protocol
The integration and certification of these solutions will boost the productivity of oil and gas field operators and engineers
- 05/15/2013 What we can learn about safety from the Titanic hearings
- 05/15/2013 Monsanto Muscatine named 2012 HART Plant of the Year
- 05/14/2013 Siemens gas chromatograph is ISA Product of the Year
- 05/14/2013 IChemE issues call for papers for fall conference
- 05/10/2013 CEO Hogan to leave ABB for private reasons
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers