Home » NMW gets new home, bigger conference for 2006
NMW gets new home, bigger conference for 2006
However, organizers say they’ve signed up more than 1,000 exhibitors for this year, staged 12 industry-specific pavilions, put together an aggressive 250-session conference, and scheduled seven free keynote presentations.
NMW 2006 will offer its usual four-show format on March 20-23 at the 840,000-ft² Donald E. Stevens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL, just outside of Chicago and next to O’Hare International Airport. The four main shows are Design Engineering, Industrial Automation, Plant Engineering and Enterprise IT.
The conference will be held:
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on March 20-21
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on March 22
- 9 a.m. to 12 noon on March 23
The show floor will be open:
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on March 21-22
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on March 23
Organizers add that NMW’s expanded conference will focus on the needs of small and mid-sized manufacturers. The conference will contain five tracks, 23 sub-tracks, and feature more than 400 speakers. The eight keynotes will include:
- Jack Perkowski, ASIMCO’s chairman and CEO, who will present “China: Opportunities and Challenges.” Perkowski was featured in the recent best-seller, The World is Flat, by New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman
- Jim Owens, Caterpillar’s chairman and CEO, will present “Manufacturing Leadership in the Global Marketplace"
- Colin Wu, China Business Sources’ president, will present “What’s Behind Chinese Competitiveness?
- Doug Engel, Deloitte and Touche USA’s vice chairman, and Tommy Thompson, Deloitte Center for Health Solutions’ chairman, will deliver “Managing Structural Costs and Maintaining Competitive Edge: Improving Your Position in the Global Marketplace”
- Gilles Bouchard, Hewlett Parkard’s global operations EVP, will deliver “Customer Choice: Managing Multiple Routes-to-Market on a Global Scale”
- Mike Santori, National Instruments’ automation fellow, will present “How to Compete in a Global Economy”
- Mary Frances Cox, Schneider Electric’s senior operations VP for North America, will present “Achieving significant reductions in manufacturing cost base”
- ARC Flash on properly protecting employees and preventing Arc flashes
- CAD/CAM on mechanical design and using next-generation systems
- Cleaning Technologies on parts cleaning in industrial and precision industries
- Contract Manufacturing on how to use outside contractors
- Material Handling featuring storage-and-retrieval, shipping, tracking and handling systems
- Microsoft Partners with compatible manufacturing applications from independent software and service providers
- Microsystems with products, tools and suppliers for miniaturization projects
- Motion Technology featuring advances in power transmission, electromechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components and control systems
- Reliability with maintenance and reliability equipment, software and services
- Safety/Health/Environmental with products, services and technologies to keep employees safe and healthy
- Sensors featuring industrial sensors and intelligent systems for manufacturing processes
- SolidWorks Partners with products and solutions from SolidWorks and its partners
Exele TopView Enters Strategic Partnership With Canary Labs
Exele Information Systems has entered into a partnership with Canary Labs located in Martinsburg, PA.
VTT TEchnical Research Centre of Finland Predicts Smart Lighting Boom
According to VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, the lighting systems of the future could be multi-purpose devices not dissimilar to smart phones.
Metso Wins Order from Smurfit Kappa for Metso DNA Control System
Metso has won an order from Smurfit Kappa for the supply of a Metso DNA control system and a pulp cooking process optimization solution to its Cellulose du Pin mill in Biganos, France.
Invensys Acquires SmartGlance Mobile Reporting Product
Invensys, a focused supplier of state-of-the-art industrial software, systems and control equipment to the world's major industries, has acquired the SmartGlance mobile reporting product of Sarla Analytics, LLC, a privately held company headquartered in Barrington, R.I.
ABB Names New CEO: Ulrich Spiesshofer
ABB Names Ulrich Spiesshofer CEO to Succeed Joe Hogan
Avantech Announces C-TPAT Certification
Advantech’s Industrial Automation Group has announced that Advantech has successfully been certified for C-TPAT (Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism).
Significant Increases in Earnings for Oil and Gas Engineers
A report from Rigzone indicates significant upward movement of earnings for engineers in the oil and gas industry
Weekly Roundup. Stories We Covered So You Didn't Have To
Stories from ControlGlobal and elsewhere that caught our eye this week.
Endress+Hauser Releases New Free Online Thermowell Calculator
Endress+Hauser introduces a free on-line thermowell calculation tool to help customers stay compliant with the new ASME PTC 19.3 TW-2010 thermowell standards.
Batch Manufacturing Requires State-of-the-Art Batch Management Software
ARC Advisory Group has released an ARC Insight comparing Batch Management System Software
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers