Home » Detroit Edison to deploy SmartSignal's EPI Center
Detroit Edison to deploy SmartSignal's EPI Center
SmartSignal was initially deployed by Detroit Edison at its Monroe Plant, according to Joe Robinson, who manages the company's Fossil Generation Process Controls and Technology. "SmartSignal's EPI Center provides insight into the health of all our key equipment," he said. "We expect to significantly reduce unplanned downtime and to improve maintenance programs, which will help us provide even higher levels of consistent and reliable generation to our customers."
SmartSignal's EPI Center continually inspects key aspects of equipment health to provide early warning of impending problems, enabling increased uptime and reduced operating costs. It uses a methodology whereby models of historical performance are developed for each serial-number-specific piece of machinery, and actual readings of all relevant sensors, in a holistic manner, are compared to historical in all operating states.
- 05/17/2013 Friday p.m. Wrap-Up:This Week on ControlGlobal and Elsewhere
- 05/16/2013 What's Bad Weather Costing Us?
- 05/16/2013 BP, Shell, Statoil Raided by EC
Invensys' SimSci Suite 2013 Now with More Usability Features
Invensys releases SimSci Suite 2013, a DVD catalogue providing a single source for all of Invensys' current SimSci-Esscor design, operator training, simulation and optimization software
Honeywell Integrates and Certifies FMC722 Subsea Automation Protocol
The integration and certification of these solutions will boost the productivity of oil and gas field operators and engineers
- 05/15/2013 What we can learn about safety from the Titanic hearings
- 05/15/2013 Monsanto Muscatine named 2012 HART Plant of the Year
- 05/14/2013 Siemens gas chromatograph is ISA Product of the Year
- 05/14/2013 IChemE issues call for papers for fall conference
- 05/10/2013 CEO Hogan to leave ABB for private reasons
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers