Home » Call for Papers: Journal of Pharmaceutical Innovation
Call for Papers: Journal of Pharmaceutical Innovation
The Journal of Pharmaceutical Innovation is an international scientific peer-reviewed journal intended for the publication of research and review manuscripts. Its content will emphasize new and innovative methods and techniques used by pharmaceutical professionals serving all aspects of the industry including manufacturing, applied pharmaceutical science and technology in process and product understanding and control.
The Editors seek original manuscripts for publication, in any of the following categories:
Perspectives are opinion articles on controversial topics or recent developments in the industry, strategic industry issues, new areas of research, profiles of new research organizations or industry trends.
Case Studies provide a critical analysis of the implementation of a new method or technology.
Research Letters are short papers reporting results that are of genuine broad interest, but that do not make a sufficiently complete story to justify publication as a full research article.
Research Articles describe, in detail, new and innovative methods and techniques, with conclusions that are supported by adequate evidence. Scientific rigour and reproducible results are required.
Reviews may address both the recent scientific advances in drug development, pharmaceutical engineering, and manufacturing, as well as the management, commercial and regulatory issues that increasingly play a part in how R&D is planned and performed.
For further information on contributing, please contact: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Editorial Team would particularly welcome your feedback on their plans for the journal. To complete a brief, 10 question web survey, please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=479942080045 . Your comments will enable us to ensure that the Journal of Pharmaceutical Innovation serves the information needs of its community in the most effective way possible. All respondents to the survey will receive a free copy of issue 1.
Task Team for the Pilot Issue of the Journal:
- Dr. James K. Drennen III (Editor), Associate Professor, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA
- Bruce S. Davis, Global Capital Director, AstraZeneca, Macclesfield, Cheshire, UK
- Dr. Charles P. Hoiberg, Exec. Dir., Reg. CMC & QA, Pfizer, Rockville, MD
- Gert Molegaard, Vice President, NNE, Soeborg, Denmark
- Andre L. Walker, Director, Mfg. Engineering, Biogenldec Inc., Cambridge, MA
- Ali M. Afnan, Process Analytical Technologist, FDA/CDER, Silver Spring, MD
- Dr. Emanuel J. Dilberto, Jr., Chairman, Dept. of Pharma Sciences, Campbell Univ. School of Pharmacy, Buies Creek, NC
- Mary Ellen Craft, Project Director, Fluor, Greenville, SC
- Gordon John Farquharson, Principle Consultant, Bovis Lend Lease Technology, Elstead, Surrey, UK
- Michael T. Ku, Sr. Dir., Clinical Pharma Res Svcs., Genzyme Corp., Framingham, MA
- Dr. G.V. Rex Reklaitis, Edward G. Comings Professor, Chemical Engineering, Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN
Articles already scheduled to appear in the first issue of the Journal of Pharmaceutical Innovation:
- Rex Reklaitis -- The use of informatics to support drug product development
- Jean-Marie Geoffroy -- Process parameters
- Ingrid Maes -- Perspective: Looking wider - the need for a broader perspective if PAT implementation is to be successful on the pharmaceutical sector
- Arwa Elhagrasy -- Raman spectroscopy for the determination of coating uniformity on pharmaceutical tablets
- Michael Jay -- Suspensions of fluor-containing nanoparticles for quantifying emitting radionuclides in non-hazardous media
- Robin Bogner -- Design space for a solventless photocurable pharmaceutical coating
- Rob Lodder -- NIR spectrometry for the characterization of fuel components in a novel tamper-resistant pill bottle
The journal is to be published in a cooperative effort between ISPE and Reed Elsevier, with the encouragement of the US Food and Drug Administration.
For further information on contributing, please contact: email@example.com.
Exele TopView Enters Strategic Partnership With Canary Labs
Exele Information Systems has entered into a partnership with Canary Labs located in Martinsburg, PA.
VTT TEchnical Research Centre of Finland Predicts Smart Lighting Boom
According to VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, the lighting systems of the future could be multi-purpose devices not dissimilar to smart phones.
Metso Wins Order from Smurfit Kappa for Metso DNA Control System
Metso has won an order from Smurfit Kappa for the supply of a Metso DNA control system and a pulp cooking process optimization solution to its Cellulose du Pin mill in Biganos, France.
Invensys Acquires SmartGlance Mobile Reporting Product
Invensys, a focused supplier of state-of-the-art industrial software, systems and control equipment to the world's major industries, has acquired the SmartGlance mobile reporting product of Sarla Analytics, LLC, a privately held company headquartered in Barrington, R.I.
ABB Names New CEO: Ulrich Spiesshofer
ABB Names Ulrich Spiesshofer CEO to Succeed Joe Hogan
Avantech Announces C-TPAT Certification
Advantech’s Industrial Automation Group has announced that Advantech has successfully been certified for C-TPAT (Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism).
Significant Increases in Earnings for Oil and Gas Engineers
A report from Rigzone indicates significant upward movement of earnings for engineers in the oil and gas industry
Weekly Roundup. Stories We Covered So You Didn't Have To
Stories from ControlGlobal and elsewhere that caught our eye this week.
Endress+Hauser Releases New Free Online Thermowell Calculator
Endress+Hauser introduces a free on-line thermowell calculation tool to help customers stay compliant with the new ASME PTC 19.3 TW-2010 thermowell standards.
Batch Manufacturing Requires State-of-the-Art Batch Management Software
ARC Advisory Group has released an ARC Insight comparing Batch Management System Software
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers