Home » Electro Standards Labs to develop energy-harvesting technology
Electro Standards Labs to develop energy-harvesting technology
Cranston, R. I. - Electro Standards Laboratories (ESL), developer of advanced electric motor control systems and a provider of research and development services to its clients, has announced that it has been awarded a Phase I Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) award from Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command to harvest energy from ocean wave motion. ESL will work in partnership with the University of Rhode Island-Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Center of Excellence in Undersea Technology.
Electro Standards will use the funding from the Phase I SBIR to devise a means of energy harvesting for a small-diameter buoy free floating on the ocean surface. The buoy will also contain electronics for remote communications and sensing. The design will ensure that the buoy produce enough energy to power active electronics to meet operational needs at any instance. Energy storage can include the use of a rechargeable battery.
- 05/17/2013 Friday p.m. Wrap-Up:This Week on ControlGlobal and Elsewhere
- 05/16/2013 What's Bad Weather Costing Us?
- 05/16/2013 BP, Shell, Statoil Raided by EC
Invensys' SimSci Suite 2013 Now with More Usability Features
Invensys releases SimSci Suite 2013, a DVD catalogue providing a single source for all of Invensys' current SimSci-Esscor design, operator training, simulation and optimization software
Honeywell Integrates and Certifies FMC722 Subsea Automation Protocol
The integration and certification of these solutions will boost the productivity of oil and gas field operators and engineers
- 05/15/2013 What we can learn about safety from the Titanic hearings
- 05/15/2013 Monsanto Muscatine named 2012 HART Plant of the Year
- 05/14/2013 Siemens gas chromatograph is ISA Product of the Year
- 05/14/2013 IChemE issues call for papers for fall conference
- 05/10/2013 CEO Hogan to leave ABB for private reasons
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers