Home » ABB completes sale of Lummus Global
ABB completes sale of Lummus Global
Zurich, Switzerland, November 19 – Power and automation technology group ABB has completed the sale of its downstream oil and gas business Lummus Global to Chicago Bridge & Iron Co. (CB&I) for an enterprise value of $950 million. ABB and CB&I announced the transaction in August. ABB has received net cash proceeds of approximately $800 million, which will be booked in the fourth quarter.
As previously communicated, the sale triggered an accelerated $204 million payment by ABB to the CE Asbestos PI Trust, a trust fund set up to cover the asbestos liabilities of Combustion Engineering. This payment will be also booked in the fourth quarter.
As reported in August, ABB retains liability for potential fines and penalties arising from suspect payments discovered in connection with the divestment of this business. ABB will continue cooperating with the authorities in this matter.
In recent years, the ABB Group has been successfully focusing on its strengths in power and automation technologies. ABB’s automation and power businesses remain committed to the oil and gas sector and will continue to develop their long-standing relationships with these customers.
- 05/17/2013 Friday p.m. Wrap-Up:This Week on ControlGlobal and Elsewhere
- 05/16/2013 What's Bad Weather Costing Us?
- 05/16/2013 BP, Shell, Statoil Raided by EC
Invensys' SimSci Suite 2013 Now with More Usability Features
Invensys releases SimSci Suite 2013, a DVD catalogue providing a single source for all of Invensys' current SimSci-Esscor design, operator training, simulation and optimization software
Honeywell Integrates and Certifies FMC722 Subsea Automation Protocol
The integration and certification of these solutions will boost the productivity of oil and gas field operators and engineers
- 05/15/2013 What we can learn about safety from the Titanic hearings
- 05/15/2013 Monsanto Muscatine named 2012 HART Plant of the Year
- 05/14/2013 Siemens gas chromatograph is ISA Product of the Year
- 05/14/2013 IChemE issues call for papers for fall conference
- 05/10/2013 CEO Hogan to leave ABB for private reasons
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers