Home » CIDX, ISA to share information, benefits
CIDX, ISA to share information, benefits
Research Triangle Park, N.C., November 20 - The Chemical Industry Data Exchange (CIDX), a not-for-profit global trade and standards organization, and ISA announced today at the CIDX General Meeting in Jacksonville, Fla., an agreement that will formalize the sharing of information and benefits between both memberships.
"Plant asset lifecycle management (PALM) is the next frontier in operations profitability for chemical companies," said CIDX Executive Director John Wheeler. "Standards that are being developed today in this arena will ensure the smooth and consistent flow of critical information between plant assets and enterprise management systems. It is an enormous value opportunity for our members and our industry."
Today's agreement formalizes CIDX's participation and affiliation with ISA and The Open O&M Initiative, a standards industry consortium, which is working to create system and data interoperability standards in manufacturing operations, maintenance and enterprise asset management.
"This agreement provides ISA an avenue for reaching and educating chemical companies on the interoperability standards that are being developed. With the CIDX leadership, we hope to see chemical companies become early adopters of these standards because of the intrinsic value they offer," said T.S. "Chip" Lee, ISA director of publishing services.
The nature of the CIDX/ISA agreement includes:
1. CIDX involvement in and endorsement of ISA 88 (batch control standard) and ISA 95 (enterprise and control integration standard)
2. Two ISA limited memberships to CIDX staff
3. Multiple CIDX limited memberships to ISA staff in order to participate on relevant CIDX PALM projects
4. Special membership pricing to CIDX members for ISA membership.
Joint activities between the two groups will include bi-annual meetings
to discuss the activities outlined in the Memorandum of Understanding
and subjects of mutual interest between ISA and CIDX.
- 05/17/2013 Friday p.m. Wrap-Up:This Week on ControlGlobal and Elsewhere
- 05/16/2013 What's Bad Weather Costing Us?
- 05/16/2013 BP, Shell, Statoil Raided by EC
Invensys' SimSci Suite 2013 Now with More Usability Features
Invensys releases SimSci Suite 2013, a DVD catalogue providing a single source for all of Invensys' current SimSci-Esscor design, operator training, simulation and optimization software
Honeywell Integrates and Certifies FMC722 Subsea Automation Protocol
The integration and certification of these solutions will boost the productivity of oil and gas field operators and engineers
- 05/15/2013 What we can learn about safety from the Titanic hearings
- 05/15/2013 Monsanto Muscatine named 2012 HART Plant of the Year
- 05/14/2013 Siemens gas chromatograph is ISA Product of the Year
- 05/14/2013 IChemE issues call for papers for fall conference
- 05/10/2013 CEO Hogan to leave ABB for private reasons
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers