Home » AeA global environmental regulation compliance road show
AeA global environmental regulation compliance road show
Washington, D.C., May 6 – For the last several years, AeA has hosted an annual “roadshow” to give member companies and high-tech industry representatives first-hand insight into current international compliance issues. This program is designed to enable managers, compliance executives, legal departments and environmental and facilities professionals to better understand and comply with environmental directives such as Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS), Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) and energy efficiency. AeA will continue this tradition by holding events in Chicago (May 8), Boston (May 9) and Silicon Valley (May 13) to provide vital information needed to remain compliant with international manufacturing standards.
Christopher Hansen, AeA’s president and CEO, said, “The purpose of AeA’s Environmental Roadshow is to provide member companies of all sizes with the information necessary for each company to determine how they can be best positioned to compete and comply with the many complicated regulations in today's changing global marketplace.”
Attendees will hear the latest analysis from the leading legal WEEE/RoHS source, Allen & Overy, LLP, and will receive European Environment Updates directly from Steve Andrews from U.K. Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform, Chris Smith from U.K.’s Enforcement Authority and other speakers on issues such as:
- China RoHS compliance and preparedness advice from the industry colleagues;
- China RoHS Policy Update: Overview of our expectations in the area of catalog development, update on supporting standards and ongoing enforcement activities of the Labeling and Information Disclosure requirement;
- How to comply with EU regulations that require manufacturers to finance the recycling and disposal of most electronics waste (WEEE Directive) and restrict the use of six hazardous materials (RoHS Directive);
- Korea RoHS requirements, Thailand RoHS proposal and ongoing global RoHS industry activities;
- Current and proposed state legislation and potential federal legislation;
- How focusing on eco-design and energy efficiency can give you a competitive advantage;
- REACH regulation and all requirements for downstream users. Importers of articles into the EU will have to notify certain substances contained in these articles;
- Status of EuP framework and implementing measures that will set eco-design (mostly energy efficiency) requirements for specific product groups.
Roadshow speakers at all locations include
- Steve Andrews, U.K. Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform;
- Chris Smith, U.K. RoHS Enforcement Authority (NWML);
- Holly Evans, President, Strategic Counsel, LLC, AeA Consultant;
- Ken Rivlin, Partner & Head of U.S. Environmental & Regulatory Law Group, Allen & Overy;
- Felise Cooper, Associate, U.S. Environmental & Regulatory Law Group, Allen & Overy;
- Michaela Muranova, Director for International Environment and Trade Policy, AeA.
For more information, or to register, please visit www.aeanet.org/environment2008.
ProComSol Distributes PowerXpress HART Power Solution
ProComSol Announces It Now Distributes PowerXpress HART Calibration Power Solution
West Texas Investigation Hampered by Inter-Agency Cat Fight
ATF and CSB in dispute about access to plant, witnesses, evidence.
News You Might Have Missed This Week from ControlGlobal and Elsewhere
Our Recap of Stories, Events and Ideas Floating Around the Internet Now
Fieldbus Foundation Launches Project Gemstone
New initiative is designed to make the fieldbus experience easier, more application-centered.
Pressure Sensors Monitor Remote Field Safety Trailers
AST Pressure sensors are used to monitor Nomadic safety trailers in the field in remote oil field locations.
Great Moments in Process Automation History
Take a broken soda fountain machine, a car a.c. unit, flavor mixes, water and CO2, add inventiveness; you get America’s favorite frozen drink.
Smart Grid: Independent Testing Of Rossi's E-Cat Cold Fusion Device Shows Positive Results
Forbes magazine's tech contributor Mark Gibbs writes that independent testing of Andrea Rossi's E-CAT Cold Fusion Reactor has positive results.The implications of the possible commercialization of cold fusion power sources are incredible.
Compressor Controls: Saudi Aramco Buys First GE Compressor Control Systems
Saudi Aramco has purchased advanced compressor control technology from GE for the Haradh GOSP-1 facility in Saudi Arabia's Eastern Province.
SANS Control Security Training Coming to Houston
SANS Institute will hold ICS Security Training event on June 10-15 in Houston
ISA Training Through June in Houston
Technician training, engineering survival and SIS boot camps for condensed, intense, comprehensive educational experience.
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers