Home » Mustang Engineering and Control gets Hawaiian project
Mustang Engineering and Control gets Hawaiian project
Houston - Mustang Engineering (“Mustang”), part of international energy services company John Wood Group PLC (“Wood Group”), has been contracted by Hawaii Electric Light Company, Inc. (“HELCO”) to provide engineering, commissioning and start-up services for the distributed control system for a combined cycle conversion project at HELCO’s Keahole, Hawaii power generation facility. The Keahole site is a primary source of power for the Big Island of Hawaii, servicing over 77,000 customers island-wide.
Mustang Automation and Control is performing the work out of its Greenville, S.C., office and is being supported on this project by sister company, Wood Group Turbine Control Services. The control system project is scheduled for completion in 2009.
“We are delighted to have been selected by HELCO as the automation contractor for its Keahole project,” stated Jim Stanley, manager of operations for Mustang Automation and Control’s Greenville office. “Mustang and Wood Group Turbine Control Services are working closely with HELCO to deliver a reliable and cost-effective solution that will meet the facility’s challenging operational requirements.”
- 05/17/2013 Friday p.m. Wrap-Up:This Week on ControlGlobal and Elsewhere
- 05/16/2013 What's Bad Weather Costing Us?
- 05/16/2013 BP, Shell, Statoil Raided by EC
Invensys' SimSci Suite 2013 Now with More Usability Features
Invensys releases SimSci Suite 2013, a DVD catalogue providing a single source for all of Invensys' current SimSci-Esscor design, operator training, simulation and optimization software
Honeywell Integrates and Certifies FMC722 Subsea Automation Protocol
The integration and certification of these solutions will boost the productivity of oil and gas field operators and engineers
- 05/15/2013 What we can learn about safety from the Titanic hearings
- 05/15/2013 Monsanto Muscatine named 2012 HART Plant of the Year
- 05/14/2013 Siemens gas chromatograph is ISA Product of the Year
- 05/14/2013 IChemE issues call for papers for fall conference
- 05/10/2013 CEO Hogan to leave ABB for private reasons
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers