Home » Invensys Re-Enters FTSE
Invensys Re-Enters FTSE
Andrew Bond, of the “Industrial Automation Insider” newsletter reports that Invensys is back among the club of U.K. financial big kids, with its re-listing on the FTSE 100 Index of leading U.K. companies and its reclassification within the FTSE’s Software sub-sector of its Technology super-sector. The re-entry into the elite list marks another milestone on Invensys’ return from financial near-death back in 2003.
The announcement coincided with a new phase in the development of Invensys Process Systems (IPS) as an entity in its own right. All the IPS legacy brands such as Foxboro, Triconex or SimSci-Esscor, now carry new IPS branding, including a new logo and tagline―“A Revolution in Performance.”
Bond observes that the rebranding seems to be designed not only to unify the separate brands and businesses, but also to set IPS apart from the parent company. However, excluded from the exercise are Eurotherm, which remains outside IPS, and Wonderware, which continues its anomalous existence half in and half out of the fold.
- 05/17/2013 Friday p.m. Wrap-Up:This Week on ControlGlobal and Elsewhere
- 05/16/2013 What's Bad Weather Costing Us?
- 05/16/2013 BP, Shell, Statoil Raided by EC
Invensys' SimSci Suite 2013 Now with More Usability Features
Invensys releases SimSci Suite 2013, a DVD catalogue providing a single source for all of Invensys' current SimSci-Esscor design, operator training, simulation and optimization software
Honeywell Integrates and Certifies FMC722 Subsea Automation Protocol
The integration and certification of these solutions will boost the productivity of oil and gas field operators and engineers
- 05/15/2013 What we can learn about safety from the Titanic hearings
- 05/15/2013 Monsanto Muscatine named 2012 HART Plant of the Year
- 05/14/2013 Siemens gas chromatograph is ISA Product of the Year
- 05/14/2013 IChemE issues call for papers for fall conference
- 05/10/2013 CEO Hogan to leave ABB for private reasons
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers