Home » OPC UA from user perspective
OPC UA from user perspective
By Andrew Bond, Industrial Automation InsiderThe OPC Training Institute has produced a paper on how the OPC Unified Architecture (OPC UA) impacts automation integrators and end users. “OPC UA: An End User’s Perspective” addresses many of the questions and concerns which engineers, process control personnel, integrators, end users and automation professionals have regarding the new technology. Following an overview, topics covered include communication with DCOM, OPC via Web Services, the Object Oriented Data Model, Improving Existing OPC Specifications, Backwards Compatibility and Tunneling, OPC at the Enterprise level and Security. Copies can be downloaded for free from www.opcti.com/documentdetails.aspx?id=36.
- 05/17/2013 Friday p.m. Wrap-Up:This Week on ControlGlobal and Elsewhere
- 05/16/2013 What's Bad Weather Costing Us?
- 05/16/2013 BP, Shell, Statoil Raided by EC
Invensys' SimSci Suite 2013 Now with More Usability Features
Invensys releases SimSci Suite 2013, a DVD catalogue providing a single source for all of Invensys' current SimSci-Esscor design, operator training, simulation and optimization software
Honeywell Integrates and Certifies FMC722 Subsea Automation Protocol
The integration and certification of these solutions will boost the productivity of oil and gas field operators and engineers
- 05/15/2013 What we can learn about safety from the Titanic hearings
- 05/15/2013 Monsanto Muscatine named 2012 HART Plant of the Year
- 05/14/2013 Siemens gas chromatograph is ISA Product of the Year
- 05/14/2013 IChemE issues call for papers for fall conference
- 05/10/2013 CEO Hogan to leave ABB for private reasons
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers