Home » exida certifies Rosemount 3051S pressure transmitter per IEC 61508
exida certifies Rosemount 3051S pressure transmitter per IEC 61508
SELLERSVILLE, Pa.-- exida has certified the product reliability and the design and engineering processes for the Rosemount 3051S pressure transmitter with advanced HART diagnostics as Safety Integrity Level (SIL) 3- capable per IEC 61508.
"Emerson Process Management has demonstrated that its product design and development processes for the Rosemount 3051S pressure transmitter with advanced diagnostics meets the requirements of the IEC 61508 safety standard," says exida principal partner Dr. William Goble. "The end result of having equipment with a low failure rate and high diagnostic coverage is not just improved safety, but also lower downtime."
exida performed a Failure Mode Effect and Diagnostic Analysis (FMEDA), a structured, quantitative analysis which predicts failure rates, modes, and diagnostic coverage and their effects on system operation. The FMEDA results provide SIS designers with the detailed reliability data required for SIL verification compliant with IEC 61511.
- 05/17/2013 Friday p.m. Wrap-Up:This Week on ControlGlobal and Elsewhere
- 05/16/2013 What's Bad Weather Costing Us?
- 05/16/2013 BP, Shell, Statoil Raided by EC
Invensys' SimSci Suite 2013 Now with More Usability Features
Invensys releases SimSci Suite 2013, a DVD catalogue providing a single source for all of Invensys' current SimSci-Esscor design, operator training, simulation and optimization software
Honeywell Integrates and Certifies FMC722 Subsea Automation Protocol
The integration and certification of these solutions will boost the productivity of oil and gas field operators and engineers
- 05/15/2013 What we can learn about safety from the Titanic hearings
- 05/15/2013 Monsanto Muscatine named 2012 HART Plant of the Year
- 05/14/2013 Siemens gas chromatograph is ISA Product of the Year
- 05/14/2013 IChemE issues call for papers for fall conference
- 05/10/2013 CEO Hogan to leave ABB for private reasons
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers