Home » IVC Acquires Longwatch Technology
IVC Acquires Longwatch Technology
Industrial camera supplier Industrial Video and Control (IVC) has announced the acquisition of Longwatch, a developer of video management software for industrial automation and process control applications. IVC, based in Newton, Mass., is known for its industrial camera systems that incorporate ruggedized cameras and state-of-the-art video management software.
Longwatch's Video Surveillance system is able to transmit video over existing instrumentation networks at speeds as low as 9600 baud. Its Video Historian automatically links video with various user databases (including data historians).
IVC will maintain the Longwatch brand and operate the company as a division of IVC. IVC also plans to make both companies’ product lines interactive while leveraging building the Longwatch brand’s reputation for innovation in remote monitoring and process control. IVC also plans to add support of its camera offering to the Longwatch environment.
- 05/17/2013 Friday p.m. Wrap-Up:This Week on ControlGlobal and Elsewhere
- 05/16/2013 What's Bad Weather Costing Us?
- 05/16/2013 BP, Shell, Statoil Raided by EC
Invensys' SimSci Suite 2013 Now with More Usability Features
Invensys releases SimSci Suite 2013, a DVD catalogue providing a single source for all of Invensys' current SimSci-Esscor design, operator training, simulation and optimization software
Honeywell Integrates and Certifies FMC722 Subsea Automation Protocol
The integration and certification of these solutions will boost the productivity of oil and gas field operators and engineers
- 05/15/2013 What we can learn about safety from the Titanic hearings
- 05/15/2013 Monsanto Muscatine named 2012 HART Plant of the Year
- 05/14/2013 Siemens gas chromatograph is ISA Product of the Year
- 05/14/2013 IChemE issues call for papers for fall conference
- 05/10/2013 CEO Hogan to leave ABB for private reasons
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers