Home » Automation Market Downshifts in 2Q 2012
Automation Market Downshifts in 2Q 2012
According to Allen Avery of ARC Advisory Group, after several quarters of strong growth following the global recession, automation market expansion has slowed decidedly. Whereas previous quarters saw double- and high single-digit growth rates, the second quarter of 2012 saw a paltry 2.7% growth in supplier revenues.
While they continue to execute many projects around the globe, suppliers cited several reasons for the more modest growth. These include both economic uncertainty in the United States and Europe and a cooling down of the once white-hot Chinese economy. New order activity also fell off somewhat for some suppliers as the rebound effects from the global recession have waned, and they convert their order books into revenues. However, suppliers still reported robust activity in the key power, oil and gas, and mining sectors. The order backlogs that suppliers have accumulated are still healthy, indicating that growth should continue for the foreseeable future.
- 05/17/2013 Friday p.m. Wrap-Up:This Week on ControlGlobal and Elsewhere
- 05/16/2013 What's Bad Weather Costing Us?
- 05/16/2013 BP, Shell, Statoil Raided by EC
Invensys' SimSci Suite 2013 Now with More Usability Features
Invensys releases SimSci Suite 2013, a DVD catalogue providing a single source for all of Invensys' current SimSci-Esscor design, operator training, simulation and optimization software
Honeywell Integrates and Certifies FMC722 Subsea Automation Protocol
The integration and certification of these solutions will boost the productivity of oil and gas field operators and engineers
- 05/15/2013 What we can learn about safety from the Titanic hearings
- 05/15/2013 Monsanto Muscatine named 2012 HART Plant of the Year
- 05/14/2013 Siemens gas chromatograph is ISA Product of the Year
- 05/14/2013 IChemE issues call for papers for fall conference
- 05/10/2013 CEO Hogan to leave ABB for private reasons
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers