Home » Honeywell's Simulation Technology to Improve Operator Skills and Enhance Plant Performance
Honeywell's Simulation Technology to Improve Operator Skills and Enhance Plant Performance
Industry leaders from various sectors of the process industries are turning to Honeywell's UniSim technology to provide industrial operator training and process design solutions. Honeywell has signed ten new simulation projects worth a combined $20 million, driving growth for its process simulation business.
Recent examples of Honeywell’s growing process simulation business include:
- European-based refining company making a multi-million dollar investment in Honeywell's OTS technology to help improve operator competency and safety at multiple facilities.
- Global petroleum exploration and production company employing the UniSim Design Suite at all of its sites worldwide to design and test plant processes.
- Leading petrochemical producer selecting Honeywell to deliver its largest corporate OTS program for refining and natural gas liquids (NGL) process units in the Middle East.
- European-based engineering firm renewing a major agreement with Honeywell for its UniSim Design Suite for process design projects around the world.
- Korea natural gas supplier choosing Honeywell to provide comprehensive automation solutions, including the UniSim Operations Suite for liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminals.
- North American petroleum refiner adding two production facilities to its list of sites employing UniSim technology.
- Global energy and petrochemical firm choosing Honeywell to provide a multi-purpose dynamic simulator based on the UniSim Design Suite at a prominent LNG development.
- One of Russia's largest fertilizer producer installing UniSim-based operator training systems on multiple ammonia production units.
- US-based chemical manufacturer relying on Honeywell to help simulate and design a first-of-its-kind processing facility that will produce ammonia from biomass.
- Middle Eastern oil & gas company continuing its investments in UniSim process simulation solutions.
Exele TopView Enters Strategic Partnership With Canary Labs
Exele Information Systems has entered into a partnership with Canary Labs located in Martinsburg, PA.
VTT TEchnical Research Centre of Finland Predicts Smart Lighting Boom
According to VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, the lighting systems of the future could be multi-purpose devices not dissimilar to smart phones.
Metso Wins Order from Smurfit Kappa for Metso DNA Control System
Metso has won an order from Smurfit Kappa for the supply of a Metso DNA control system and a pulp cooking process optimization solution to its Cellulose du Pin mill in Biganos, France.
Invensys Acquires SmartGlance Mobile Reporting Product
Invensys, a focused supplier of state-of-the-art industrial software, systems and control equipment to the world's major industries, has acquired the SmartGlance mobile reporting product of Sarla Analytics, LLC, a privately held company headquartered in Barrington, R.I.
ABB Names New CEO: Ulrich Spiesshofer
ABB Names Ulrich Spiesshofer CEO to Succeed Joe Hogan
Avantech Announces C-TPAT Certification
Advantech’s Industrial Automation Group has announced that Advantech has successfully been certified for C-TPAT (Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism).
Significant Increases in Earnings for Oil and Gas Engineers
A report from Rigzone indicates significant upward movement of earnings for engineers in the oil and gas industry
Weekly Roundup. Stories We Covered So You Didn't Have To
Stories from ControlGlobal and elsewhere that caught our eye this week.
Endress+Hauser Releases New Free Online Thermowell Calculator
Endress+Hauser introduces a free on-line thermowell calculation tool to help customers stay compliant with the new ASME PTC 19.3 TW-2010 thermowell standards.
Batch Manufacturing Requires State-of-the-Art Batch Management Software
ARC Advisory Group has released an ARC Insight comparing Batch Management System Software
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers