Home » Online Workplace Training Course Tackles OSHA's Updated Chemical Safety Data Sheet Rules
Online Workplace Training Course Tackles OSHA's Updated Chemical Safety Data Sheet Rules
MSDSonline, the leading provider of sustainable cloud-based EH&S solutions, launches a new online workplace training course entitled "Safety Data Sheets." The course, geared toward employees exposed to hazardous chemicals in the workplace, explores each of the 16 sections that make up OSHA's safety data sheet (SDS) in the GHS format.
"Safety Data Sheets" is the second in a series of three GHS compliance training courses being developed by MSDSonline. It follows MSDSonline's online training course, "Hazard Communication 2012" that covers OSHA's recently updated Hazard Communication Standard (HCS). The third course, to be released soon, will provide a comprehensive exploration of chemical product labeling requirements under GHS.
According to PJ Schoeny, product manager for the MSDSonline workplace training solutions, the new SDS course is a perfect complement to MSDSonline's Hazard Communication 2012 course. "The courses can help safety managers satisfy OSHA's employee training requirement on the new HazCom standard," said Schoeny.
Information about the "Safety Data Sheets" training course is available at http://www.msdsonline.com/workplace-training/course-library.aspx, along with a complete listing of all of MSDSonline's workplace safety courses.
Topics covered in the new "Safety Data Sheets" course include:
- Detailed Hazard Definitions for new Physical and Health Hazards
- Interactive "SDS Lookup" Exercises
- GHS Pictogram Mix & Match
- Comprehensive Knowledge Challenges
- 05/17/2013 Friday p.m. Wrap-Up:This Week on ControlGlobal and Elsewhere
- 05/16/2013 What's Bad Weather Costing Us?
- 05/16/2013 BP, Shell, Statoil Raided by EC
Invensys' SimSci Suite 2013 Now with More Usability Features
Invensys releases SimSci Suite 2013, a DVD catalogue providing a single source for all of Invensys' current SimSci-Esscor design, operator training, simulation and optimization software
Honeywell Integrates and Certifies FMC722 Subsea Automation Protocol
The integration and certification of these solutions will boost the productivity of oil and gas field operators and engineers
- 05/15/2013 What we can learn about safety from the Titanic hearings
- 05/15/2013 Monsanto Muscatine named 2012 HART Plant of the Year
- 05/14/2013 Siemens gas chromatograph is ISA Product of the Year
- 05/14/2013 IChemE issues call for papers for fall conference
- 05/10/2013 CEO Hogan to leave ABB for private reasons
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers