Home » Sitrans Magnetic Flowmeters Get Explosion-Proof Approvals
Sitrans Magnetic Flowmeters Get Explosion-Proof Approvals
ATLANTA –Siemens has introduced the addition of FM Class 1 Division 1, Groups A, B, C and D, and FM Class 1, Zone 1 AEx d (ia) ia/IIC/T3-T6 approvals for the company’s half-inch to 12-inch line of Sitrans magnetic flowmeters.
For line sizes larger than 12 inches, Siemens is now offering sensors and transmitters that carry the FM Class 1, Zone 1 AEx d e (ia) ia/IIC/T3-T6 approval.
The approvals are available for Siemens Mag 3100 Series #7ME6310, Mag 3100 HT Series #7ME6320 and Mag 3100 P Series #7ME6330 flow sensors.
Siemens Sitrans FM magnetic flowmeters (magmeters) are designed to measure the flow of almost any electrically conductive liquid, as well as sludges, pastes and slurries. A prerequisite is that the medium must have a certain minimum conductivity. The temperature, pressure, viscosity and density have little influence on the result.
The new approvals are relevant to customers in the water/wastewater, chemical and industrial markets, where magnetic flowmeters are used potentially explosive environments.
- 05/17/2013 Friday p.m. Wrap-Up:This Week on ControlGlobal and Elsewhere
- 05/16/2013 What's Bad Weather Costing Us?
- 05/16/2013 BP, Shell, Statoil Raided by EC
Invensys' SimSci Suite 2013 Now with More Usability Features
Invensys releases SimSci Suite 2013, a DVD catalogue providing a single source for all of Invensys' current SimSci-Esscor design, operator training, simulation and optimization software
Honeywell Integrates and Certifies FMC722 Subsea Automation Protocol
The integration and certification of these solutions will boost the productivity of oil and gas field operators and engineers
- 05/15/2013 What we can learn about safety from the Titanic hearings
- 05/15/2013 Monsanto Muscatine named 2012 HART Plant of the Year
- 05/14/2013 Siemens gas chromatograph is ISA Product of the Year
- 05/14/2013 IChemE issues call for papers for fall conference
- 05/10/2013 CEO Hogan to leave ABB for private reasons
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers