Home » ABB Robotics Exhibit at Automate 2013 in Chicago
ABB Robotics Exhibit at Automate 2013 in Chicago
ABB Robotics exhibited two fully operational material handling cells, and a 10-axis long reach welding system featuring one robot attached to the arm of another at Automate 2013, held Jan. 21-24 at McCormick Place in Chicago (Booth # 454).
The material handling demos accentuate ABB's line of packaging robots, from individual product handling robots to those that handle full layer depalletizing. The 10-axis robot features the coordinated multi-axis motion provided by ABB's IRC5 Controller and MultiMove software.
Also displayed were the most recent results of ABB's ongoing mission to develop robotic software that reduce programming complexity and create an intuitive human machine interface for production operation - highlighted by the RobotStudio Palletizing PowerPac, PalletPack 460 and PickMaster3 products. ABB JOKAB SAFETY displayed an array of electronic machine safety components and mechanical interlock switches.
- 05/17/2013 Friday p.m. Wrap-Up:This Week on ControlGlobal and Elsewhere
- 05/16/2013 What's Bad Weather Costing Us?
- 05/16/2013 BP, Shell, Statoil Raided by EC
Invensys' SimSci Suite 2013 Now with More Usability Features
Invensys releases SimSci Suite 2013, a DVD catalogue providing a single source for all of Invensys' current SimSci-Esscor design, operator training, simulation and optimization software
Honeywell Integrates and Certifies FMC722 Subsea Automation Protocol
The integration and certification of these solutions will boost the productivity of oil and gas field operators and engineers
- 05/15/2013 What we can learn about safety from the Titanic hearings
- 05/15/2013 Monsanto Muscatine named 2012 HART Plant of the Year
- 05/14/2013 Siemens gas chromatograph is ISA Product of the Year
- 05/14/2013 IChemE issues call for papers for fall conference
- 05/10/2013 CEO Hogan to leave ABB for private reasons
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers