Fieldbus training is available via the Fieldbus Foundation's FOUNDATION Certified Training Program (FCTP), which establishes uniform standards for fieldbus educational curriculum around the globe and defines acceptable levels of learning for students of the technology. The FCTP establishes quality and consistency in fieldbus training, as it can be the critical factor in the success of a FOUNDATION fieldbus project.
Four certified training course levels are available, each with a specific focus on the roles and responsibilities associated with FOUNDATION fieldbus: FOUNDATION Certified Professional, FOUNDATION Certified Support Specialist, FOUNDATION Certified Technical Specialist, and FOUNDATION Certified Physical Layer Installer.
The following classes are available:
- Lee College, Baytown, Texas: FOUNDATION Certified Professional (September 30-October 11, 2013)
- University of Miskolc, Miskolc-Egyetemváros, Hungary: FOUNDATION Certified Support Specialist (October 1-3, 2013)
- Trine University, Avon, Indiana: FOUNDATION Certified Technical Specialist (October 11-16, 2013)
- Trine University, Avon, Indiana: FOUNDATION Certified Professional (October 21-24, 2013)
- King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang, Bangkok, Thailand: FOUNDATION Certified Support Specialist (October 24-25 and November 18-19, 2013)
- University of Miskolc, Miskolc-Egyetemváros, Hungary: FOUNDATION Certified Support Specialist (November 12-14, 2013)
- Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan: FOUNDATION Certified Support Specialist (December 2-3, 2013)
Visit the End User Training page on the foundation's website for registration and class information.