IChemE Issues Call for Papers for Fall Conference
LONDON - IChemE, the Institution of Chemical Engineers, has issued a call for papers for presentations at its Sustainable Oil and Gas 2013 conference, to be held in Edinburgh, Scotland, on November 25-26, 2013. The international symposium's subject is the future of the oil and gas industry, and papers are now being invited on key issues including shale gas, carbon management and the future of refining and petrochemicals in Europe.
The symposium will cover every major aspect of the oil and gas industry with a particular focus on the challenges faced in Europe. The event will feature a mix of invited speakers, oral and poster presentations, and a trade exhibition of related products and services.
David Brown, chief executive of IChemE, said: "This is a very important symposium for the international oil and gas industry, especially in Europe. The energy mix is likely to change significantly over the next forty years and this symposium will provide an opportunity for the industry to consider new technologies, decarbonisation, energy demand, renewable and the future of fossil fuels."
Abstracts of papers of now being invited on over 20 issues for oral and poster presentation, including:
- advanced drilling technologies;
- hydrocarbon production in extreme environments;
- shale gas and coal bed methane;
- geology and reservoir development;
- new approaches to improved cracker flexibility;
- optimization and maintenance strategies for ageing petrochemical plants in Europe;
- solving the carbon dioxide disconnect; and
- negative emissions technologies.