Home » MooreHawke's Trunksafe System Maintains Reliable Host-Device Communications
MooreHawke's Trunksafe System Maintains Reliable Host-Device Communications
By Foundation Fieldbus
Trunksafe Fault-Tolerant Fieldbus System from MooreHawke, a division of Moore Industries-International Inc., provides a cost-effective, highly reliable strategy for maintaining FOUNDATION fieldbus communications between the fieldbus host and field devices without interruption in the event of a single-point failure such as an open-circuit or short circuit.
Trunksafe consists of two redundant fieldbus DC power supplies and a specially engineered device coupler to provide a secure fieldbus physical layer. The system:
- Maintains all process and diagnostic communications without interruption, even if the network cable is broken or shorted
- Is compatible with FOUNDATION fieldbus H1 and PROFIBUS PA networks and devices; and,
- Includes physical layer diagnostics that monitor and report open and short circuits, DC power status, and segment noise.
Trunksafe is part of MooreHawke's comprehensive line of fieldbus physical layer options, which includes Trunkguard Fieldbus device couplers and power supplies designed for general purpose, non-incendive, and Zone 1 and Zone 2 areas; and the Routemaster Fieldbus System for intrinsically-safe (IS) applications.
For more information, please visit the MooreHawke website.
- 05/17/2013 Friday p.m. Wrap-Up:This Week on ControlGlobal and Elsewhere
- 05/16/2013 What's Bad Weather Costing Us?
- 05/16/2013 BP, Shell, Statoil Raided by EC
Invensys' SimSci Suite 2013 Now with More Usability Features
Invensys releases SimSci Suite 2013, a DVD catalogue providing a single source for all of Invensys' current SimSci-Esscor design, operator training, simulation and optimization software
Honeywell Integrates and Certifies FMC722 Subsea Automation Protocol
The integration and certification of these solutions will boost the productivity of oil and gas field operators and engineers
- 05/15/2013 What we can learn about safety from the Titanic hearings
- 05/15/2013 Monsanto Muscatine named 2012 HART Plant of the Year
- 05/14/2013 Siemens gas chromatograph is ISA Product of the Year
- 05/14/2013 IChemE issues call for papers for fall conference
- 05/10/2013 CEO Hogan to leave ABB for private reasons
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers