Home » Not Much Will Change in 2013 for SCADA Security
Not Much Will Change in 2013 for SCADA Security
Eric Byres, expert in the field of SCADA security, talks about his 2013 SCADA security predictions in Tofino's blog "Practical SCADA Security."
In a blog post titled "SCADA Security Directions 2013," Byres writes about what he thinks will happen in the world of SCADA and ICS Security during the current year. He also gives a look back at the predictions he made for 2012.
"I thought I had done well, getting two out of three predictions right with one still undecided," writes Byres. "Then Sean McBride informed me that I had counted wrong."
Byres lists five prediction for 2013. Here are three:
- Tablets (iPad and Android) will start to be used in SCADA and ICS
- International Security Standards Start to Mature
- Independent SCADA/ICS Security Professional Certifications Will Be Available
- 05/17/2013 Friday p.m. Wrap-Up:This Week on ControlGlobal and Elsewhere
- 05/16/2013 What's Bad Weather Costing Us?
- 05/16/2013 BP, Shell, Statoil Raided by EC
Invensys' SimSci Suite 2013 Now with More Usability Features
Invensys releases SimSci Suite 2013, a DVD catalogue providing a single source for all of Invensys' current SimSci-Esscor design, operator training, simulation and optimization software
Honeywell Integrates and Certifies FMC722 Subsea Automation Protocol
The integration and certification of these solutions will boost the productivity of oil and gas field operators and engineers
- 05/15/2013 What we can learn about safety from the Titanic hearings
- 05/15/2013 Monsanto Muscatine named 2012 HART Plant of the Year
- 05/14/2013 Siemens gas chromatograph is ISA Product of the Year
- 05/14/2013 IChemE issues call for papers for fall conference
- 05/10/2013 CEO Hogan to leave ABB for private reasons
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers