IT and Control System Security professionals can now take the International Society of Automation (ISA)'s New ISA99/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Fundamentals Specialist Certificate exam through Prometric Testing Centers.
The (ISA) has developed this knowledge-based certificate recognition program designed for professionals who need to develop a command of industrial cybersecurity terminology and an understanding of the material embedded in the ANSI/ISA-62443 standards.
ISA99/IEC 62443 Cybersecurity Fundamentals Specialist designations and certificates will be awarded to professionals who meet the following program requirements:
- Successfully complete an intensive training course from ISA
- Earn a passing score on the 75-question multiple-choice exam
There are no required prerequisites for this program; however, it is beneficial if applicants possess att least two years of experience in a process control environment, three to five years of experience in the IT/cybersecurity field in an industrial setting, some level of knowledge or exposure to the ANSI/ISA-62443 standards.
The exam will cover:
- Understanding the Current Industrial Security Environment
- How Cyber Attacks Happen
- Creating a Security Program
- Risk Analysis
- Addressing Risk with Security Policy, Organization, and Awareness
- Addressing Risk with Selected Security Counter Measures
- Addressing Risk with Implementation Measures
- Monitoring and Improving the CSMS
- Designing/Validating Secure Systems
In addition to offering certification and certificate programs, ISA also develops industrial standards, offers technical training courses, publishes books and technical articles and hosts conferences and exhibits for automation professionals.