Schneider Electric recently celebrated several users for their innovative approaches to optimizing asset utilization, reducing unscheduled downtime and improving performance. Awards were presented at the company’s Maximize Return on Assets conference on Nov. 14 in Chicago. The six software customers won awards for original and advanced uses of Enterprise Asset Performance Management (APM) software. They included:
• AEP received the “Avantis PRiSM Fossil Catch of the Year Award” for early identification of damage to a turbine blade in a power generation unit. It’s estimated that this catch saved approximately $17.5 million in cost avoidance.
• New York Dept. of Environmental Protection was a co-recipient of the “Avantis Excellence Award” for continuous improvement in optimizing best practices and work order processing to ensure its treatment plants run safely and efficiently.
• Rayonier Advanced Materials received the “Milestone Award for 25 Years of Avantis Partnership.” It reported that it first deployed Avantis in 1991, and that its Avantis Asset Management solutions have evolved in alignment with Rayonier’s needs. Their long-term working relationship continues with its use of Avantis.PRO today.
• Tennessee Valley Authority received the “Avantis PRiSM Nuclear Catch of the Year Award” for early warning to detect a failing condensate booster pump, which saved an estimated $1 million in cost avoidance
• Western Refining was a co-recipient of the “Avantis Excellence Award” for implementing several innovations that streamlined processes and operations across refining and pipeline operations.
• Wipro Ltd. received the “eDNA Innovation Award” for developing several advanced applications for National Grid’s gas transmission system in the U.K.
“Every day, our customers amaze us with their innovative applications of our Enterprise APM solutions,” says Rob McGreevy, vice president of information, operations and asset management at Schneider Electric. “Our customers are leveraging Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications to drive greater return on assets and deliver significant results to their businesses and their customers.”