Home » Building Automation In Brazil
Building Automation In Brazil
New apartment buildings in Brazil utilize CC-Link as the network to provide high performance, cost-effective building automation to reduce costs.
Building automation systems provide significant benefits to the owners and tenants of these structures. These include energy savings, reduced operational costs and proper maintenance to deliver the optimal useful life of capital equipment.
The building automation system designer and integrator of the Bernini Building – Calcada S.A., was CETEM Automacao Industrial located in Rio de Janiero. Because of their expertise, CETEM received the Enterprise and Entrepreneur of the Year from IBPQGP for "Their unquestionable quality and effective contributions to the socio-economic development of Brazil". In this particular application, CETEM designed separate building automation systems for each of the two 15-floor structures.
The building automation system monitors and controls:
- Levels of all water reservoirs – pump control for water usage in the overall landscaping plan, water fountains, pools and lagoons
- Air quality and climate – fan control for proper air circulation within the hallways, elevators and ground floor general public areas within the building
- Lighting systems – for controlling the lighting of internal public areas and outdoor lighting around the building and landscaped areas
- Security "Panic" buttons in public areas – allowing fast alerting of security personnel
Alarm Mobility Increases Hydro Plant Reliability
integrating the TopView Alarm Notification Software with the SCADA System, Operators Are Now Able to Receive Alarm Messages in Real-Time on Their Cell Phones and Can Acknowledge These Alarms from Anywhere
- 05/09/2013 groov gets IOS and Android apps
- 05/01/2013 Swagelok publishes comprehensive sampling systems reference book
- 05/01/2013 Krohne provides instrumentation for Chobani plant
- 04/19/2013 Attendees Learn About Suppliers' Latest Foundation Products
- 04/19/2013 Huang Buyu, Now Retired from Sinopec SEI, Is Honored
- 04/19/2013 Dave Glanzer Addresses General Assembly Attendees
- 04/19/2013 FOUNDATION Fieldbus-Certified Training Center
- 04/19/2013 FOUNDATION Fieldbus Technology Helps Power Company Save
- 04/19/2013 Foundation for Remote Operations Management (ROM) Provides an Extended Information Architecture
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers