Home » Danish Water Company Connects with CC-Link Fieldbus
Danish Water Company Connects with CC-Link Fieldbus
Since 1979 the Klinting Vandvaerk water company in Denmark has been a supplier of the highest quality drinking water for the western region of West Jutland. The normal population of this picturesque part of Denmark is 3000 households, but as tourism has increased in the area, and supply was extended to service the local community of Lunde and Nr.Nebel (1500 new users, giving altogether 4500 users), the water station has had to increase production drastically to keep pace with new current and future demands.
The challenge set to the engineers involved with the project was not only to increase the output capacity, but also how to increase the number of boreholes which provide the water, and to increase the whole system including the reservoir capacity (from 700 to 2200 m3) without effecting supply to existing customers.
The existing water system consisted of 5 remote boreholes, a 700 m3 reservoir, green sand filter system and an outlet pipeline. The boreholes are located 1.2km from the main pumping station (in the middle of a local forest) with each borehole able to extract up to 30 m3 of water per hour, with the boreholes going down to a depth of 100 metres.
Alarm Mobility Increases Hydro Plant Reliability
integrating the TopView Alarm Notification Software with the SCADA System, Operators Are Now Able to Receive Alarm Messages in Real-Time on Their Cell Phones and Can Acknowledge These Alarms from Anywhere
- 05/09/2013 groov gets IOS and Android apps
- 05/01/2013 Swagelok publishes comprehensive sampling systems reference book
- 05/01/2013 Krohne provides instrumentation for Chobani plant
- 04/19/2013 Attendees Learn About Suppliers' Latest Foundation Products
- 04/19/2013 Huang Buyu, Now Retired from Sinopec SEI, Is Honored
- 04/19/2013 Dave Glanzer Addresses General Assembly Attendees
- 04/19/2013 FOUNDATION Fieldbus-Certified Training Center
- 04/19/2013 FOUNDATION Fieldbus Technology Helps Power Company Save
- 04/19/2013 Foundation for Remote Operations Management (ROM) Provides an Extended Information Architecture
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers