Home » Eurostar's High Speed Express Uses High Speed CC-Link Network
Eurostar's High Speed Express Uses High Speed CC-Link Network
A new CC-Link open network solution is helping Eurostar improve reliability on its LDA system.
Eurostar is the high-speed rail service directly linking the UK to France and Belgium via the Channel Tunnel. As the market leader with 60% of the London-Paris market and around 45% of the London-Brussels route, Eurostar prides itself on offering a quality service and a clean environment.
To ensure perfect sanitary conditions, they used Abbeyfield Electrical Services (part of the EPMS group of companies) to automate their Lavatory Discharge Apron or LDA system. This system maintains the hygienic cleaning of all train toilets and disposal of waste from the carriage tanks.
One of the main objectives of the new system was to increase reliability and efficiency of the LDA cleaning system. The previous control philosophy was semi automatic and consisted of PLCs connected to a twisted pair network. The old system was very unreliable, with the network crashing at least once a week, due to noise and other factors. It also had no feedback, preventing optimisation of cleaning times or tuning of the system.
Alarm Mobility Increases Hydro Plant Reliability
integrating the TopView Alarm Notification Software with the SCADA System, Operators Are Now Able to Receive Alarm Messages in Real-Time on Their Cell Phones and Can Acknowledge These Alarms from Anywhere
- 05/09/2013 groov gets IOS and Android apps
- 05/01/2013 Swagelok publishes comprehensive sampling systems reference book
- 05/01/2013 Krohne provides instrumentation for Chobani plant
- 04/19/2013 Attendees Learn About Suppliers' Latest Foundation Products
- 04/19/2013 Huang Buyu, Now Retired from Sinopec SEI, Is Honored
- 04/19/2013 Dave Glanzer Addresses General Assembly Attendees
- 04/19/2013 FOUNDATION Fieldbus-Certified Training Center
- 04/19/2013 FOUNDATION Fieldbus Technology Helps Power Company Save
- 04/19/2013 Foundation for Remote Operations Management (ROM) Provides an Extended Information Architecture
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers