Home » Ford Mustang Assembly Uses CC-Link
Ford Mustang Assembly Uses CC-Link
The AutoAlliance facility in Flat Rock, Michigan manufactures the Ford Mustang and the Mazda6. More than 3,700 employees work at this 2.7 million square foot operation. AutoAlliance makes extensive use of CC-Link networking in the manufacture of approximately 1,200 vehicles per day. This application article describes the body assembly and paint operations. More than 400 robots are used to make over 6,000 body welds on each vehicle. 61 robots and 10 automatic paint machines apply sealants, sound deadening and 19 paint colors.
The ease of assembly line start-up and excellent reliability of CC-Link has translated into a highly productive manufacturing facility. The speed at which these new lines were installed and comissioned resulted in significant savings in comparison to other networked systems used previously. Control engineers at AutoAlliance have commented that they have had no CC-Link network failures but that they have experienced a number of failures with Ethernet networks and with 2 other commonly used fieldbus networks.
Alarm Mobility Increases Hydro Plant Reliability
integrating the TopView Alarm Notification Software with the SCADA System, Operators Are Now Able to Receive Alarm Messages in Real-Time on Their Cell Phones and Can Acknowledge These Alarms from Anywhere
- 05/09/2013 groov gets IOS and Android apps
- 05/01/2013 Swagelok publishes comprehensive sampling systems reference book
- 05/01/2013 Krohne provides instrumentation for Chobani plant
- 04/19/2013 Attendees Learn About Suppliers' Latest Foundation Products
- 04/19/2013 Huang Buyu, Now Retired from Sinopec SEI, Is Honored
- 04/19/2013 Dave Glanzer Addresses General Assembly Attendees
- 04/19/2013 FOUNDATION Fieldbus-Certified Training Center
- 04/19/2013 FOUNDATION Fieldbus Technology Helps Power Company Save
- 04/19/2013 Foundation for Remote Operations Management (ROM) Provides an Extended Information Architecture
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers