Home » Mantecorp Uses CC-Link to Improve Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
Mantecorp Uses CC-Link to Improve Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
Mantecorp is one of the largest pharmaceutical manufacturers in Brazil. It produces widely recognized product lines and brands that are valued by physicians and consumers for Primary Care, Specialty Care, and Consumer use. The Mantecorp facility in Rio de Janeiro produces over 100 million units of products and medication for human use. With a total area of 300,000 square meters and 50,000 square meters of industrial facilities, it is one of the most modern plants in the country’s pharmaceutical industry. As a center of scientific and manufacturing excellence, the Rio de Janeiro complex benefits from the company’s investment policy, which focuses on increasing the quality and reliability of its brands. Over the last 15 years, for example, the unit has invested roughly US $70 million in modernization and technological evolution projects.
As part of this modernization, Mantecorp decided to upgrade their facility with a more reliable control system employing Mitsubishi automation controllers and the opentechnology CC-Link industrial communication network. This upgrade solved numerous control system and communication problems that were previously encountered with the old system. The Rio de Janeiro facility is now considered one of the most modern in the pharmaceutical sector.
Alarm Mobility Increases Hydro Plant Reliability
integrating the TopView Alarm Notification Software with the SCADA System, Operators Are Now Able to Receive Alarm Messages in Real-Time on Their Cell Phones and Can Acknowledge These Alarms from Anywhere
- 05/09/2013 groov gets IOS and Android apps
- 05/01/2013 Swagelok publishes comprehensive sampling systems reference book
- 05/01/2013 Krohne provides instrumentation for Chobani plant
- 04/19/2013 Attendees Learn About Suppliers' Latest Foundation Products
- 04/19/2013 Huang Buyu, Now Retired from Sinopec SEI, Is Honored
- 04/19/2013 Dave Glanzer Addresses General Assembly Attendees
- 04/19/2013 FOUNDATION Fieldbus-Certified Training Center
- 04/19/2013 FOUNDATION Fieldbus Technology Helps Power Company Save
- 04/19/2013 Foundation for Remote Operations Management (ROM) Provides an Extended Information Architecture
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers