Home » Wireless Ethernet: Ready for Industrial Prime Time?
Wireless Ethernet: Ready for Industrial Prime Time?
By Control, National Instruments & Phoenix Contact
If you've ever rebooted your home Wi-Fi router because the connection to your notebook was lost, you're to be forgiven some skepticism regarding the readiness of commercial wireless technologies for industrial applications. But many companies have successfully deployed wireless Ethernet to solve a range of industrial problems, you just have to know how to classify suitable applications and be prepared for "gotchas!" that could result in sub-optimal performance.
Join the discussion on Wednesday, March 3, at 2 pm EDT, as Control's Editor–in–Chief Walt Boyes and a panel of wireless experts explore the use of wireless Ethernet in industrial applications–from vetting suitable applications, to the steps you need to take to ensure secure and reliable communications. You’ll come away with the confidence you need to put wireless Ethernet to work at your facility.
Alarm Mobility Increases Hydro Plant Reliability
integrating the TopView Alarm Notification Software with the SCADA System, Operators Are Now Able to Receive Alarm Messages in Real-Time on Their Cell Phones and Can Acknowledge These Alarms from Anywhere
- 05/09/2013 groov gets IOS and Android apps
- 05/01/2013 Swagelok publishes comprehensive sampling systems reference book
- 05/01/2013 Krohne provides instrumentation for Chobani plant
- 04/19/2013 Attendees Learn About Suppliers' Latest Foundation Products
- 04/19/2013 Huang Buyu, Now Retired from Sinopec SEI, Is Honored
- 04/19/2013 Dave Glanzer Addresses General Assembly Attendees
- 04/19/2013 FOUNDATION Fieldbus-Certified Training Center
- 04/19/2013 FOUNDATION Fieldbus Technology Helps Power Company Save
- 04/19/2013 Foundation for Remote Operations Management (ROM) Provides an Extended Information Architecture
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers