Home » AutomationDirect Ranked as One of Atlanta's Best Places to Work
AutomationDirect Ranked as One of Atlanta's Best Places to Work
Employees voted the company to the number two position in the medium-size company category by completing a 37-question online survey. The survey focused on specific categories relating to a company's workplace culture. Things considered included; team effectiveness, trust in senior leaders, feeling valued, manager effectiveness, compensation and benefits. In order to be considered a finalist, each company must reach a minimum level of employee participation, based on its number of employees. Companies were then ranked and finalists chosen in each size category based on their overall composite score. Winners were chosen based strictly on the results of the survey. According to Anne Reich of the Atlanta Business Chronicle, winners are, in essence, chosen by the employees themselves. This year, approximately 500 companies were nominated.
The most recent award reflects the ongoing excellence of AutomationDirect's company culture. Previously, in 2009, AutomationDirect was recognized as the seventh best small company to work for in America by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and the Great Place to Work Institute, Inc. (GPTW). For this award, two-thirds of the organization’s score comes from employee survey responses; one-third of the score includes assessment of organization practices and perspectives from the leadership team.
Among their other recognitions, since 2001, the company has consistently been voted "Best in Service" by our sister publication Control Design magazine and its readers.
Alarm Mobility Increases Hydro Plant Reliability
integrating the TopView Alarm Notification Software with the SCADA System, Operators Are Now Able to Receive Alarm Messages in Real-Time on Their Cell Phones and Can Acknowledge These Alarms from Anywhere
- 05/09/2013 groov gets IOS and Android apps
- 05/01/2013 Swagelok publishes comprehensive sampling systems reference book
- 05/01/2013 Krohne provides instrumentation for Chobani plant
- 04/19/2013 Attendees Learn About Suppliers' Latest Foundation Products
- 04/19/2013 Huang Buyu, Now Retired from Sinopec SEI, Is Honored
- 04/19/2013 Dave Glanzer Addresses General Assembly Attendees
- 04/19/2013 FOUNDATION Fieldbus-Certified Training Center
- 04/19/2013 FOUNDATION Fieldbus Technology Helps Power Company Save
- 04/19/2013 Foundation for Remote Operations Management (ROM) Provides an Extended Information Architecture
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers