Home » New Features on Opto22.com
New Features on Opto22.com
Opto 22 enhances its corporate website with new features and content that help control engineers and other automation professionals virtually assemble a SNAP PAC System, organize product selections into bill-of-materials lists (BOMs), request price quotes from Opto 22 distributors, and even submit configurations for a free engineering review and consultation.
The new SNAP PAC Configurator is a visual, interactive, web-based application that allows users to design and build a complete SNAP PAC System-I/O processor, mounting rack, and modules. As they assemble their system, users can view part descriptions and wiring diagrams, link to individual product pages, and then select components by purpose and specifications. Once users have completed a configuration, they can save it and forward it to an Opto 22 application engineer for review.
The engineer receives an email list of the parts selected, confirms component compatibility, suggests optional or other needed components, and responds with the results within one business day. Completed configurations can also be used to create a bill of materials, forwarded to an Opto 22 distributor for a price quote, or added to the shopping cart for online purchase.
Opto 22's website improvements also include enhancements to my.Opto22.com, a personalization option for the site. After creating a my.Opto22 account, users can subscribe to receive email notification of new software upgrades, firmware releases, OptoKnowledgeBase articles, and documentation such as Opto 22 case studies, white papers, and product data sheets. My.Opto22 now gives users one-click access to their shopping cart, favorite products, documents, downloads, and configurations. Favorite products can be added to the cart, to a subscription list (to receive product updates), or to a bill of materials that can then be printed or sent to an Opto 22 distributor for a price quote.
Other notable features of the Opto 22 website include:
- A video library of more than 100 case studies, tutorials, product overviews, and screencasts.
- Full integration with social media, featuring one-click links to Opto 22's YouTube channel, iTunes podcast library, LinkedIn Group page, Facebook page, and Twitter feed.
- An "Opto 22 Product Selector" tool that helps customers quickly browse, view, and match components, and assemble systems.
- A secure section for Opto 22 partners, distributors, and certified trainers to view exclusive content, download marketing materials, and review channel updates.
Alarm Mobility Increases Hydro Plant Reliability
integrating the TopView Alarm Notification Software with the SCADA System, Operators Are Now Able to Receive Alarm Messages in Real-Time on Their Cell Phones and Can Acknowledge These Alarms from Anywhere
- 05/09/2013 groov gets IOS and Android apps
- 05/01/2013 Swagelok publishes comprehensive sampling systems reference book
- 05/01/2013 Krohne provides instrumentation for Chobani plant
- 04/19/2013 Attendees Learn About Suppliers' Latest Foundation Products
- 04/19/2013 Huang Buyu, Now Retired from Sinopec SEI, Is Honored
- 04/19/2013 Dave Glanzer Addresses General Assembly Attendees
- 04/19/2013 FOUNDATION Fieldbus-Certified Training Center
- 04/19/2013 FOUNDATION Fieldbus Technology Helps Power Company Save
- 04/19/2013 Foundation for Remote Operations Management (ROM) Provides an Extended Information Architecture
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers