Home » Colorado Springs Utilities (CSU) Standardizes All Plant Operations on Rockwell Automation Integrated Architecture
Colorado Springs Utilities (CSU) Standardizes All Plant Operations on Rockwell Automation Integrated Architecture
Colorado Springs Utilities (CSU) provides water, wastewater, gas, and electric services to customers in the Pikes Peak Region of Colorado. CSU was experiencing failures with a distributed control system and needed a new solution that would provide enhanced reliability, efficiency and sustainability. Unexpected plant outages were becoming a costly problem. The CSU water department had already migrated its legacy DCS system to a Rockwell Automation control system, so the utility decided to standardize all plant operations on Rockwell Automation Integrated Architecture because they needed a single vendor capable of providing integrated hardware, software, and networking.
The new solution allowed CSU to remotely operate multiple gas, hydroelectric and power plants from a single central location. Operators can now perform maintenance and troubleshooting tasks at a plant onsite or online from a central facility to better meet customer demands, save time and reduce labor costs.
Watch this video to learn more.
Alarm Mobility Increases Hydro Plant Reliability
integrating the TopView Alarm Notification Software with the SCADA System, Operators Are Now Able to Receive Alarm Messages in Real-Time on Their Cell Phones and Can Acknowledge These Alarms from Anywhere
- 05/09/2013 groov gets IOS and Android apps
- 05/01/2013 Swagelok publishes comprehensive sampling systems reference book
- 05/01/2013 Krohne provides instrumentation for Chobani plant
- 04/19/2013 Attendees Learn About Suppliers' Latest Foundation Products
- 04/19/2013 Huang Buyu, Now Retired from Sinopec SEI, Is Honored
- 04/19/2013 Dave Glanzer Addresses General Assembly Attendees
- 04/19/2013 FOUNDATION Fieldbus-Certified Training Center
- 04/19/2013 FOUNDATION Fieldbus Technology Helps Power Company Save
- 04/19/2013 Foundation for Remote Operations Management (ROM) Provides an Extended Information Architecture
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers