Home » Endress+Hauser introduces installed base audit program
Endress+Hauser introduces installed base audit program
The program begins with a plant audit by a trained Endress+Hauser instrument and analyzer expert who, with the help of plant maintenance personnel, locates and identifies every measurement device. The expert enters device and application data into the Endress+Hauser W@M Life Cycle Management database including serial number, tag, manufacturer, location, age, process conditions and what each instrument or analyzer is measuring (pressure, temperature, flow, pH, etc.).
Next, working with plant engineering, production and maintenance personnel, the Endress+Hauser consultant assists in defining the critical points and assigns each measurement device a criticality level of high, medium or low.
Based on this data, Endress+Hauser presents an overview of the installed base and makes overall recommendations for improving maintenance activities, such as preventive and corrective maintenance, standardization of measurement device, and migration of the installed base to newer and improved devices. The plant gets an organized W@M database with the collected data, enhancing traceability and continued management of all installed measurement devices.
The Installed Base Audit helps a process plant make the right decisions to focus maintenance efforts according to their available resources and production requirements, and helps assess the maintenance complexity of older measurement devices. It also allows the plant to resolve the out-of-date plant documentation that doesn’t reflect the current status of installed measurement devices.
Depending on their needs, Endress+Hauser can also help the plant in other ways, including:
• Advice on methods and intervals for maintenance and calibration—including software tools to view and edit the maintenance plan, and control and document maintenance and calibration work.
• Through the W@M Life Cycle Management database, Endress+Hauser can provide additional documentation for measurement devices from all manufacturers, including SOPs, operating manuals and configuration details.
• After the inventory of the plant's stock, Endress+Hauser creates a segmented list of necessary and unnecessary spares. Endress+Hauser provide alternate ways to cover needs that can lead to stock reduction and reduce aging stock write downs.
The Installed Base Audit simplifies measurement device maintenance, helps a plant conform to various regulations and safety requirements, and reduces its total cost of ownership.
"I need the Installed Base Audit attachments most of all. If a device fails and I need a replacement part, then I go to the relevant link. It's really simple because I can find the device and the replacement parts really quickly using the tag numbers. Now I can sleep at night," says Frédéric Mayer, Calibration Manager at UCB Farchim in Bulle, Switzerland. "Previously, a defect in an electronic switch could occur and a production line would be down for a couple of days until the replacement part was available. Now if I have to replace a device, I can change a flowmeter within two hours, maximum. The investment was really very small compared to what I can now save."
Alarm Mobility Increases Hydro Plant Reliability
integrating the TopView Alarm Notification Software with the SCADA System, Operators Are Now Able to Receive Alarm Messages in Real-Time on Their Cell Phones and Can Acknowledge These Alarms from Anywhere
- 05/09/2013 groov gets IOS and Android apps
- 05/01/2013 Swagelok publishes comprehensive sampling systems reference book
- 05/01/2013 Krohne provides instrumentation for Chobani plant
- 04/19/2013 Attendees Learn About Suppliers' Latest Foundation Products
- 04/19/2013 Huang Buyu, Now Retired from Sinopec SEI, Is Honored
- 04/19/2013 Dave Glanzer Addresses General Assembly Attendees
- 04/19/2013 FOUNDATION Fieldbus-Certified Training Center
- 04/19/2013 FOUNDATION Fieldbus Technology Helps Power Company Save
- 04/19/2013 Foundation for Remote Operations Management (ROM) Provides an Extended Information Architecture
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers