Home » New safety alarm video from Moore
New safety alarm video from Moore
The video is hosted by journalist and industry expert Peter Welander and features a demonstration of how the STA serves as a single-loop logic solver in safety instrumented systems (SIS). In the video, the STA monitors a "hot pot" filled with water. When the temperature goes above or below a setpoint, dual alarm outputs on the STA signal a warning that an unsafe state has been reached. The video also shows how a third alarm monitors input or instrument faults such as a disconnected wire.
The STA performs some of the same functions as expensive safety PLCs, but is more affordable and easier to program. The process alarm trips and analog outputs are user-configurable via front-panel push buttons. Configurations can be downloaded to multiple STA units with a free software utility program. It has been subjected to extensive testing by TUV and Exida and approved for IEC 61508 and 61511 compliance, including single use in safety instrumented systems up to SIL 2 and firmware suitable for use in a SIL 3 system.
More information about the STA Safety Trip Alarm and other Limit Alarm Trips and Switches are available at the Moore Industries website at http://www.miinet.com/products/sg_alarm.shtml. Other videos from Moore Industries can be found at the company's YouTube page at http://www.youtube.com/MooreIndustries.
Alarm Mobility Increases Hydro Plant Reliability
integrating the TopView Alarm Notification Software with the SCADA System, Operators Are Now Able to Receive Alarm Messages in Real-Time on Their Cell Phones and Can Acknowledge These Alarms from Anywhere
- 05/09/2013 groov gets IOS and Android apps
- 05/01/2013 Swagelok publishes comprehensive sampling systems reference book
- 05/01/2013 Krohne provides instrumentation for Chobani plant
- 04/19/2013 Attendees Learn About Suppliers' Latest Foundation Products
- 04/19/2013 Huang Buyu, Now Retired from Sinopec SEI, Is Honored
- 04/19/2013 Dave Glanzer Addresses General Assembly Attendees
- 04/19/2013 FOUNDATION Fieldbus-Certified Training Center
- 04/19/2013 FOUNDATION Fieldbus Technology Helps Power Company Save
- 04/19/2013 Foundation for Remote Operations Management (ROM) Provides an Extended Information Architecture
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers