Home » Siemens Drives Technologies launches online energy savings estimator
Siemens Drives Technologies launches online energy savings estimator
ATLANTA - The Drive Technologies Division of Siemens Industry, Inc., has launched its online Energy Savings Estimator, a user-friendly tool that allows customers using drives, motors, couplings and gearboxes the ability to estimate potential energy savings across their entire drive train.
"We believe that our Energy Savings Estimator is an industry first, providing customers with an easy method of understanding the potential savings that upgrades may offer to their existing drive train systems--all through one easy to use website," says Doug Keith, President, Drive Technologies Division, Siemens Industry, Inc.
Siemens Energy Savings Estimator only requires the end user to submit existing data points about their current system, including the application (fans, compressors or pumps), horsepower, motor speeds, reduction stages for gearboxes, etc. Once the operating profile is input, the Energy Savings Estimator evaluates the potential for energy savings in kilowatt-hours, dollars, CO2 emissions and the return on investment for the recommended solution.
"A significant opportunity for industry energy efficiency exists through the implementation of control, automation and drive technologies, and according to the Department of Energy, industry consumes 70% of all energy consumed in the United States. With energy efficiency initiatives, U.S. manufacturers could reduce energy consumption by as much as 30%, also resulting in operational efficiencies, improved productivity and a strong return on investment," adds Keith.
The program also offers "real-world savings" approximations to help users understand what their estimated savings means in terms of sustainable operations, such as "488,000 kWh could fully charge 40,800 electric cars, allowing them to travel 1,600,000 emission-free miles."
For more information, visit www.usa.siemens.com/energysavingsestimator.
Alarm Mobility Increases Hydro Plant Reliability
integrating the TopView Alarm Notification Software with the SCADA System, Operators Are Now Able to Receive Alarm Messages in Real-Time on Their Cell Phones and Can Acknowledge These Alarms from Anywhere
- 05/09/2013 groov gets IOS and Android apps
- 05/01/2013 Swagelok publishes comprehensive sampling systems reference book
- 05/01/2013 Krohne provides instrumentation for Chobani plant
- 04/19/2013 Attendees Learn About Suppliers' Latest Foundation Products
- 04/19/2013 Huang Buyu, Now Retired from Sinopec SEI, Is Honored
- 04/19/2013 Dave Glanzer Addresses General Assembly Attendees
- 04/19/2013 FOUNDATION Fieldbus-Certified Training Center
- 04/19/2013 FOUNDATION Fieldbus Technology Helps Power Company Save
- 04/19/2013 Foundation for Remote Operations Management (ROM) Provides an Extended Information Architecture
- All news »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers