Banner Engineering's Safety Light CurtainSafety Light Curtain
Non-contact, point-of-operation machine guarding safety light screen system includes fixed blanking to accommodate materials and tooling inflow with no reduction of operator safety. Fixed blanking allows for stationary objects, such as tooling or materials inflow, to be ignored when positioned in a defined set of beams. If the objects are removed, the system goes into a lockout mode to ensure an unsafe gap in the sensing field is not created. A flexible cascading option allows up to four systems of varying sizes, lengths and resolutions to be wired together to form a unified control stop element with a single cable interface. A response time can also be calculated for each individual system pair. Pairs are available in 14 mm and 30 mm resolution and 12 lengths from 150 mm to 1800 mm. Screen grid and point systems are also available offering single beam point, 2-, 3- or 4-beam grid protection. Applications include small assembly equipment, pick-and-place machines, molding presses, packaging machinery, palletizers, roll formers, automated production equipment, robotic work cells, and power press applications.
Banner Engineering: 888-373-6767; www.bannerengineering.com
- Mitsubishi Electric's CC-Link IE Field Network Upgrades
- Yokogawa's ProSafe-RS R3.02.00
- Turck's On-Machine I/O Block
- Acromag's TT330 4-Wire Transmitters With USB-Configuration
- Alliance Sensors Group's S1A AC-LVDT Signal Conditioner
- Data Translation's DT9838 USB Acquisition Module
- Pepperl+Fuchs' KFU8-VCR-1 Transmitter Signal Conditioner
- Lantronix's xSenso Analog Device Server
- AutomationDirect's FC-ISO-C and D High-Speed Optical Isolators
- Phoenix Contact's SafetyBridge Technology
- All products »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers