HCS HART concentrator system converts a HART digital signal to a serial (RS-485) MODBUS RTU communication protocol, permitting up to 16 smart HART-capable transmitters and valves to interface directly with MODBUS-based monitoring and control systems. The HCS interfaces all HART parameters to MODBUS. This includes the ability to monitor primary and non-primary (second, third and fourth) process variables from smart multivariable mass flow, pressure, PH and temperature transmitters; coriolis, magnetic, ultrasonic and vortex flow meters; radar and hydrostatic level transmitters; and valve positioners and damper operators.
The HART Concentrator System also allows monitoring by a MODBUS system of HART instrument diagnostics using the Field Device Status Byte data that is available in HART's digital information. This includes: smart device configuration changed; primary and non-primary variable out of limits; primary variable analog output fixed; cold start; field device malfunction; and more HART status data available. The HCS is programmed in minutes using Windows PC configuration software. It is housed in an industrial metal and RFI protected housing that snaps onto standard DIN-style rails.
- Endress+Hauser's Liquiphant FailSafe FTL8x Point Level Switches
- Turck's Levelprox Non-Invasive Liquid Level Sensor
- Emerson Rosemount's 2130 Series Level Switch
- Ametek Drexelbrook's Universal IVCM Model Water Cut Monitor
- Arizona Instrument's Computrac Analyzers
- Yokogawa's TDLS220 Measurement Device
- Rotronic's HF8 Transmitter
- E-Instruments International's E8500 Combustion Analyzer
- AutomationDirect's Koyo Medium-Duty Encoders
- Swagelok's Fast Loop Module
- All products »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers