MatrikonRadar Level Transmitter
The Model 5400 can detect weak radar echoes, handles weak and strong radar echoes simultaneously, and can ignore false echoes. Being able to detect weak signals means increased measurement reliability even under changing process conditions such as turbulence, vapors, foam and condensation.In most process tanks, strong and weak radar echoes coexist. The echo from a turbulent fluid surface being agitated may be significantly weaker than the echo from the agitator.
For accurate readings, the radar sensor continuously tracks the weaker surface echo. Signal processing in the transmitter separates surface echoes from false echoes to increase measurement reliability and reduce commissioning time and cost. By using “Measure and Learn” technology, suggestions for threshold and disturbance echo settings are automatically generated.
The transmitter is available in two models: the 5401 Low Frequency Transmitter (6 GHz), which can be used in applications with turbulence, heavy vapors, foam or where there is a risk for deposits on the antenna; and the 5402 High Frequency Transmitter (26 GHz), which uses a narrower radar beam for installations that have tall or narrow nozzles, where the nozzle is close to the tank wall, or to avoid disturbing objects in the tank.
- EMX LEX-1000 Color Light Measurement Sensor Works for a Wide Variety of Light Sources
- AutomationDirect Ultrasonic Sensors Available with Discrete or Analog Outputs
- Ametek Crystal Engineering T-975-CPF Pneumatic Hand Pump Generates Pressure and Vacuum
- American Sensor Technologies Model AST46PT Exposion-Proof Pressure/Temperature Transmitter Offers Precision Measurements
- Yokogawa DPharp EJA Transmitters Features 90 ms. Response Time
- UEC One Series Smart Transmitter-Switch Monitors Gage and Differential Pressure
- Turck PT4500 and PT4510 Submersible Pressure Transmitters are Optimized for Challenging Environments
- Tel-Tru Model P611 Pressure Transmitter Maximizes Cycle Life In Pressure Spikes
- Swagelok IPT Series Suitable for Surface and Subsea Installation
- SOR 805QS Pressure Switch/Transmitter is Ideal for Hazardous Locations
- All products »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers