Equipment Health Monitoring (EHM) System detectors monitor industrial equipment for operating condition variances that can lead to breakdowns, increased maintenance costs and production stoppages. The devices monitor the steady state characteristics of equipment and sound an alarm automatically when operating values drift from pre-defined settings. Ten detectors are available to monitor temperature loss, fluid flow, temperature rise, mechanical noise, fluid leak, mechanical wear, audible noise, vibration, tilt (slope change) and mechanical insertion.
EHM detectors, by alerting operators to possible problems early, may help prevent essential equipment from shutting down and might help reduce associated maintenance and repair costs. “The EHM-D-COOL temperature loss detector monitors a steady state temperature and provides an alarm if the desired temperature measurement drops below a set point,” explained Leslie Neill, Honeywell Global Industrial Market lead.T his is particularly useful as an independent monitor of the state of a control system or machine. For example, if the temperature of a chimney drops, it may indicate a boiler has failed.”
Another product in the series, EHM-D-VIBRATIONdetector, monitors a steady state of vibration. Virtually every piece of industrial equipment has some level of vibration. In many cases, a significant increase in vibration level may indicate that something is wrong. Rising vibration may be a sign of loose mountings, worn bearings or a faulty motor.
EHM detectors offer ease of installation – they are ready to be attached directly to equipment and once set up, will begin monitoring for faults immediately. For most envisioned applications, all of the circuitry and “know how” to monitor equipment is built into the components.
For more information on these products, click here, or call 800-784-3011 (reference code EHMS).
- AutomationDirect's ProSense FSD Series Flow Switches
- EMX LEX-1000 Color Light Measurement Sensor Works for a Wide Variety of Light Sources
- AutomationDirect Ultrasonic Sensors Available with Discrete or Analog Outputs
- Ametek Crystal Engineering T-975-CPF Pneumatic Hand Pump Generates Pressure and Vacuum
- Yokogawa DPharp EJA Transmitters Features 90 ms. Response Time
- UEC One Series Smart Transmitter-Switch Monitors Gage and Differential Pressure
- Turck PT4500 and PT4510 Submersible Pressure Transmitters are Optimized for Challenging Environments
- Tel-Tru Model P611 Pressure Transmitter Maximizes Cycle Life In Pressure Spikes
- Swagelok IPT Series Suitable for Surface and Subsea Installation
- SOR 805QS Pressure Switch/Transmitter is Ideal for Hazardous Locations
- All products »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers