Arc-Flash Detection Relay From SELMinimizing Dangerous Arc-Fault Energy
Arc-flash detection (AFD) capability in the SEL-751A Feeder Protection Relay, from SEL, provides fully automatic protection against dangerous arc-flash events. Without AFD, the arc flash can cause severe personal injury, extensive equipment damage, and lengthy system outages. The SEL-751A AFD solution uses fiber-optic, arc-flash light sensors to detect the light produced by an arc-flash event. To prevent false tripping, the SEL-751A looks for an overcurrent that coincides with the light flash. When both conditions are met, the SEL-751A sends a trip signal to the circuit breaker in as fast as 2 ms.
- Littelfuse's SB6100 Industrial Shock-Block GFCI and EGFPD are the First to Meet UL 943C Class C and D Requirements
- Applied Analytics' ePurge X Controller
- Acromag's Optocoupler and Interposing Relay Interface Modules
- AutomationDirect's Tongue Interlock and Cable-Pull Safety Switches
- Endress+Hauser's RA33 Batch Controller
- AutomationDirect's Solo 24-VDC-Powered Controllers
- RC Systems' ST-72 Controller
- Russelectric's On-Site, Power Control Systems
- Honeywell's UDC3200 Universal Controller
- Advantech's Adam-4022T Dual-Loop PID Controller
- All products »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers