PAC Project 8.5 Automation Software
Opto 22, developer and manufacturer of the SNAP PAC System family of programmable automation controllers (PACs), I/O and accessories, has released PAC Project 8.5, the latest version of the company's flagship automation software suite that includes control programming, HMI development, OPC connectivity and database integration components.
Opto 22 recently announced new additions to its extensive line of Ethernet-based components-specifically, intelligent SNAP I/O processors and SNAP PAC stand-alone and rack-mounted programmable automation controllers with wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) capabilities, referred to as Wired+Wireless hardware. PAC Project version 8.5 supports all of these new components, thereby providing industrial wireless networking capabilities that offer several benefits to users, such as the ability to deploy the hardware in remote areas, areas that are inaccessible or where network wiring is difficult or impossible to install. Control system designers can also use the new Wired+Wireless hardware to design and build systems with traditional Ethernet wiring, Wi-Fi or any combination of the two.
PAC Project 8.5's Wired+Wireless-related features include support for configuring wireless communications, such as assigning IP addresses to the wireless LAN interface, configuring secure WPA (TKIP) and WPA2 (802.11i/AES) encryption, and testing wireless signal strength.
PAC Project 8.5 and SNAP PAC Wired+Wireless hardware are both available now from Opto 22 and a worldwide network of authorized distributors.
- Applied Analytics' ePurge X Controller
- Acromag's Optocoupler and Interposing Relay Interface Modules
- AutomationDirect's Tongue Interlock and Cable-Pull Safety Switches
- Endress+Hauser's RA33 Batch Controller
- AutomationDirect's Solo 24-VDC-Powered Controllers
- RC Systems' ST-72 Controller
- Russelectric's On-Site, Power Control Systems
- Honeywell's UDC3200 Universal Controller
- Advantech's Adam-4022T Dual-Loop PID Controller
- Advantech's Direct Digital Controller - BAS-3500BC
- All products »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers