Process and instrument engineers responsible for the operation of separation tanks and other vessels with mixed density media will find the FlexSwitch FLT93S Flow/Level/Temperature Switch from Fluid Components International (FCI) provides highly accurate interface detection and control. The FLT93S Switch performs monitoring, controlling and alarming of flow rates or levels of critical fluids such as foams, emulsion layers, liquids and slurries.
The FLT93S Switch is a dual-function insertion-style instrument that offers either flow/temperature sensing or level/temperature sensing in a single device. A single FLT measures and monitors flow or level and temperature simultaneously with excellent accuracy and reliability. Dual 6A relay outputs are standard and are assignable to flow, level or temperature.
The FLT93S Switch relies on the specific heat transfer properties of the media to identify the interface of different products. With its unique thermal dispersion sensing capability, the FLT93S monitors the interface of products with similar densities for highly reliable control in separation tanks and other vessels. FCI’s FLT93S can identify the interface between any type of media including foam, emulsion layers, liquids and slurries. The FLT93S Switch’s dual switch point option allows one instrument to control two different product interfaces. Two or more switches are used to control product discharge and intake at specified points. The FLT Switch operates over a wide setpoint range in water from 0.01 FPS to 0.5 FPS (0.003 MPS to 0.9 MPS). Level/interface accuracy is ±0.25 inch (±6.4 mm), and measurement repeatability is ±0.125 inch (± 3.2 mm). The standard FLT93S withstands operating temperatures from -40 °F to 350 °F (-40 °C to 177 °C), and an optional configuration is available for temperatures from -100 °F to 850 °F (-73 °C to 454°C).
- EMX LEX-1000 Color Light Measurement Sensor Works for a Wide Variety of Light Sources
- AutomationDirect Ultrasonic Sensors Available with Discrete or Analog Outputs
- Ametek Crystal Engineering T-975-CPF Pneumatic Hand Pump Generates Pressure and Vacuum
- American Sensor Technologies Model AST46PT Exposion-Proof Pressure/Temperature Transmitter Offers Precision Measurements
- Yokogawa DPharp EJA Transmitters Features 90 ms. Response Time
- UEC One Series Smart Transmitter-Switch Monitors Gage and Differential Pressure
- Turck PT4500 and PT4510 Submersible Pressure Transmitters are Optimized for Challenging Environments
- Tel-Tru Model P611 Pressure Transmitter Maximizes Cycle Life In Pressure Spikes
- Swagelok IPT Series Suitable for Surface and Subsea Installation
- SOR 805QS Pressure Switch/Transmitter is Ideal for Hazardous Locations
- All products »
Access the entire print issue on-line and be notified each month via e-mail when your new issue is ready for you. Subscribe today.
- Featured White Papers